Praying for our fellow Mexicanos
Hola Familia!
Yeah, still shaking here! It's been super crazy all of the natural disasters around the world! me and my companion like to sing the hymn "el fin se acerca" which I didn't know before the mission so I don't know it in English but it basically translates as "the end is near and there is little time left" hahahaha :) but really. Haha funny that you mention cockroaches.... yes, they are so bad here! I almost cried this morning when we killed two because they gross me out so bad! Haha Ez, I don't know, [I've taught] like 200 maybe! Go Mona! haha I think it's time to learn how to play football! You're awesome, JJ! I want to hear your speech! Jar, happy about the job! Cam, whats pahrump? haha it sounds like you guys cooked super delicioso mom and dad! yaya for callings!
As always, a ton of miracles this week! The greatest being Fe_'s baptism!!!!! I don't think that I've told you guys about Fe_. Fe_ is a 16 year old young woman who is the sister of a recent convert (the kid that always brings his cat to church, the cat machine gun) and is kind of an eternal investigator. We taught her the last transfer, but not super often because she wasn't keeping all of her commitments. But last week a little out of the blue she kind of woke up and expressed to us in a visit that she truly wanted to be baptized, that she wanted to make a covenant with God. And to show her desire, she came to church! Which has been the one thing keeping her from making that covenant! It was super special to see her baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday, and really see that she finally understood the importance of baptism!
On Saturday morning in our prayer leaving the house we said a specific prayer that we would find a new investigator in that day that would come to church with us on Sunday, and left with all determination to find them. And with the Lord's help, we found Li_ :) Li_ is a 19 year old student living with a member family. She is agnostic, she's not sure if God exists, but accepted the invitation to listen to us as well as come to church with us, and did! We're going to start visiting her more this week, but are super excited to see her progress!
We heard about the earthquake in Mexico City this week and saw lots of pictures of the destruction. It's terrible right now and we're praying a lot for our fellow Mexicanos! One story that our bishop shared really stood out to me. I'm going to paraphrase, but one of the survivors from a school that fell was a girl who the majority of her classmates were killed in the quake. She tells that she decided to go on the opposite side of the classroom from where many went and that was the decision that saved her life. I think sometimes in our lifes the choice to go to the other side of the crowd will be the one that saves our life spiritually. I loved the womens general conference this weekend and it stood out to me a lot the message of one of the sisters who talked a little bit about being distinct. Don't just follow the crowd, but be different by living the commandments, living by the manner of happiness! Sorry, that´s super second hand and not well translated.
One cool thing was we finally got to help with service efforts for the earthquakes. Yesterday we spent all afternoon until the night time packing and delivering supplies (I don't know what they're called in English, dispenses? in Spanish they call them dispensos) to areas affected by the quakes here in Tuxtla. It was super fun to finally get to help out, and super special to go and meet some of the people we served. We mostly went to different orphanages and it was so humbling to learn more of their stories. It reminds me of how little excuses I have to complain and how small my problems really are!
Also, I'm sorry if my English is weird. I feel like everything I write comes out awkward...
Con amor,
Hermana Larsen
Yeah, still shaking here! It's been super crazy all of the natural disasters around the world! me and my companion like to sing the hymn "el fin se acerca" which I didn't know before the mission so I don't know it in English but it basically translates as "the end is near and there is little time left" hahahaha :) but really. Haha funny that you mention cockroaches.... yes, they are so bad here! I almost cried this morning when we killed two because they gross me out so bad! Haha Ez, I don't know, [I've taught] like 200 maybe! Go Mona! haha I think it's time to learn how to play football! You're awesome, JJ! I want to hear your speech! Jar, happy about the job! Cam, whats pahrump? haha it sounds like you guys cooked super delicioso mom and dad! yaya for callings!
As always, a ton of miracles this week! The greatest being Fe_'s baptism!!!!! I don't think that I've told you guys about Fe_. Fe_ is a 16 year old young woman who is the sister of a recent convert (the kid that always brings his cat to church, the cat machine gun) and is kind of an eternal investigator. We taught her the last transfer, but not super often because she wasn't keeping all of her commitments. But last week a little out of the blue she kind of woke up and expressed to us in a visit that she truly wanted to be baptized, that she wanted to make a covenant with God. And to show her desire, she came to church! Which has been the one thing keeping her from making that covenant! It was super special to see her baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday, and really see that she finally understood the importance of baptism!
On Saturday morning in our prayer leaving the house we said a specific prayer that we would find a new investigator in that day that would come to church with us on Sunday, and left with all determination to find them. And with the Lord's help, we found Li_ :) Li_ is a 19 year old student living with a member family. She is agnostic, she's not sure if God exists, but accepted the invitation to listen to us as well as come to church with us, and did! We're going to start visiting her more this week, but are super excited to see her progress!
We heard about the earthquake in Mexico City this week and saw lots of pictures of the destruction. It's terrible right now and we're praying a lot for our fellow Mexicanos! One story that our bishop shared really stood out to me. I'm going to paraphrase, but one of the survivors from a school that fell was a girl who the majority of her classmates were killed in the quake. She tells that she decided to go on the opposite side of the classroom from where many went and that was the decision that saved her life. I think sometimes in our lifes the choice to go to the other side of the crowd will be the one that saves our life spiritually. I loved the womens general conference this weekend and it stood out to me a lot the message of one of the sisters who talked a little bit about being distinct. Don't just follow the crowd, but be different by living the commandments, living by the manner of happiness! Sorry, that´s super second hand and not well translated.
One cool thing was we finally got to help with service efforts for the earthquakes. Yesterday we spent all afternoon until the night time packing and delivering supplies (I don't know what they're called in English, dispenses? in Spanish they call them dispensos) to areas affected by the quakes here in Tuxtla. It was super fun to finally get to help out, and super special to go and meet some of the people we served. We mostly went to different orphanages and it was so humbling to learn more of their stories. It reminds me of how little excuses I have to complain and how small my problems really are!
Also, I'm sorry if my English is weird. I feel like everything I write comes out awkward...
Con amor,
Hermana Larsen
Comments
Post a Comment