Mafia, Music, and Mantequilla

Hola Familia!

I'm sad to say my tummy is not full of krispy kremes. Unfortunately I think it might have caught the illness plaguing the CCM. There's some sort of intestinal thing going around that literally has hit at least half of the missionaries! You see people everywhere walking around with giant Gatorade bottles and bags of saltine crackers from the Enfermeria. We literally had a district from our zone completely out of commission on Sunday! Hahaha it's kind of funny! Until you get it... Pray for the CCM!

I still haven't gotten any letters! But they could be here, our district leader is responsible for picking them up but he and his companion have been stuck in their [rooms] for the past couple of days. Elder Hansen has been having weird back problems and they're at the hospital today. Hopefully he'll heal quickly and I'll get mail! And I still have no idea how I'm getting to my mission... I'm hoping we're flying because it's a 12 hour drive, but we haven't heard anything. We did get some Latinas in our casa who are going to Chiapas too, so that's cool!

Ezra, I hope you like the Lion King play! I've always wanted to see it! JJ, I'll keep working on those pranks for you! Moana, that sucks! Hahaha was it all you've ever dreamed of (giving blood)?? Do you have a sweet arm bruise? Jarrad, please stop. But I want picture proof of this mustache!! Duuuuude, Cami! That's so awesome!! I knew they would promote you. It was the beard picture, wasn't it? Unfortunately there hasn't been much Mexican warmth to send you. I can send you Elder Schmidt's jacket though, that's pretty warm! I miss Blanca (from Kaysie's previous work)! I hope she's able to write!

And I wish I could have seen the Roadshow! Haha it must have been awesome!

As far as the Spanish goes here's this week's major mistake: I'm studying personal hygiene vocab, specifically I was studying makeup terms. So I was practicing by telling this guy my makeup routine, except instead of maquillaje (makeup) I was saying mantequilla (butter). So I described in detail how I apply butter to my face every morning. Oh boy! I've got to be at least at 10,000 of the 30,000 mistakes to fluenthood!

Our district has come up with this awesome missionary friendly version of Mafia! And by our district I mean me and Hermana Burton, which we introduced to the district. The Mafia is Satan and instead of killing people he causes spiritual death, or excommunication. The Bishop is equivalent to the detective, he can ask about who Satan is. Elder Holland is the angel, he can give a sweet devotional and save a sheep going astray. And lastly the missionaries are equivalent to cupid's couple, if one suffers spiritual death, they both do.

Hahaha! It was super fun to play! Hopefully it´s not sacrilegious or anything. It was a little weird when we had to excommunicate Elder Holland...

We also put together an awesome musical number of "Love at Home". It was originally going to just be a quartet, but a lot more elders than we anticipated wanted to sing, so it turned into six elders and us two sisters. We sang it on Sunday and we're going to audition for a devotional!

Something else cool we got to do this week was TRC, it's where we get to teach real people from the community, but don't ask me what TRC stands for, no one knows. We were hoping for a real investigator, but we got this cute little member family! It was good practice for us, we've been working really hard on learning how to teach investigators, but we're going to be teaching members too.

On Sunday we had a devotional from the MTC president, President Tonorio. He's awesome! His English isn't perfect, but he's hilarious! He also used to be the Tuxtla Gutierrez mission president so we got to hear some awesome stories from our mission! It's definitely a baptizing mission, he told us one sister had 100 baptisms! I know it's not about the numbers, and it's definitely more than about baptism, but I really hope I can have that kind of impact on the people!

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

Con amor,

Hermana Larsen

Marking scriptures with a mission pen
Missionary scriptures!

They are colorful, like Mexico!

Nuestras sister training leaders! Ellas son las mejores!

Doherty and Larsen - second generation (their dads were mission companions)

Pic of Dan Jones preaching

Hermana Burton's parents sent her the tree and we've been singing Christmas songs!

Our teacher has been asking a lot of questions about why we have Christmas trees and why Santa's a thing. They don't have Santa down here! They have the Three Kingsmen!

Burton and Larsen - happy!

Elders have been slacking on goal 6

Elders' goals: number 6 is most important!

What our workouts look like...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism