Un Otro Fantastic Semana

Hola familia!

Wow, I can't believe it's time to write again. This week went by so fast! Every day does here because I'm just so busy. I'm kind of at that awkward stage where I can't speak Spanish, but I can't speak English either. I called water wagua this morning.

Yes, we have a devotional/fireside every Sunday and Tuesday, though Sunday is usually just watching one from the past. It was kind of cool last Tuesday because the talk was in Spanish and they had an English translator speak after each sentence. I get to go to the temple today! We´re supposed to go two or three times during the MTC experience on P-days. It's in the city, but since the traffic is so insane it will probably take an hour and a half to get there.

Sadly, that's the only time we get to leave the CCM. I really would like to go out especially now to see the Dia de los Muertos celebration! We hear it loud and clear aaaaallllll day and night!

More on mi compañera: she's from North Salt Lake City, Utah, and has three apostles in her home ward, no big deal. Just Elder Bednar, Elder Uchtdorf, and Elder Hales. Plus a million from the Seventy. She's the youngest in her family, with two older brothers. Her Dad and her brothers all served in Mexico too! So she's very familiar with all things Mexican. And basically she's awesome!

Dang, JJ! I still can't believe you're doing LEGO robotics! Mexico is GREAT, Ez! I´m glad you had a fun Halloween! Yaaaay, Cami! You can pay off your loan to Jarrad, then we´ll all be even. Don´t worry, Mom, they aren't just any fences! Cement and barbed wire! Dad, that had to be the best surprise for Grandma and Grandpa!

I don't think I told you last week, but you definitely don't have to worry about me and breakfast foods here. I don't think Mexicans distinguish very much between their meals, and they try really hard to Americanize all of it. On Saturday we had ham sandwiches for breakfast. I feel right at home! Though I have cried trying to down a couple of spicy salsas... Usually our meals consist of some sort of meat and then we can have rice and beans and tortillas and fruit on the side.

Guess who I saw, Dad! That's right, Elder Doherty! I hunted him down and said hello! I would have taken a picture to send you, but we can only take pictures on P-day. I've also seen Josh Castro around every once in a while.  (Parent note: Kaysie's dad was trained on his mission 28 years ago by Elder Doherty's father and Josh Castro is a friend from Chico.)

I hope you enjoy the pictures of the parrots! They are literally EVERYWHERE. Which I thought was cool at first, but oh my gosh they have the most annoying crow and they screech in the palm trees all day!

Some highlights from my week:

Hermana Burton was taking some pain medications for her back and has been really drowsy the last couple of days. She fell asleep leaning against the bathroom wall.

On Sunday our district wasn't told that it was daylight savings. Me and Hermana fortunately found out when our roommates told us the night before, so we got an extra hour of sleep. The rest of our district wasn't that lucky. Unknowingly they showed up to class at 6:00 am to study! We didn't get very happy looks when we came at 7. Hahaha!

Our two teachers are both native Mexicans, and sometimes it's just funny the way they spell some English words, like "Companion Ship" or "JesuChrist". But our poor afternoon teacher has a pottymouth and doesn't know it! He was telling us a vivid story about his first day on his mission in the States and kept using a word that will remain nameless... and then he didn't understand when we were trying to explain not to use that word! Hahaha!

Overall still amazing here! Hope you guys have a fantastica semana!!!

Les amo mucho mucho mucho!

Hermana Larsen

Hermana Larsen in front of a buried pineapple?

The CCM - Capacitacion Misional Mexico

That's right - I'm in Mexico!

On my way to Tuxtla!

Hermanas Burton and Larsen

Hermanas Larsen and Burton

Don't take my picture!

Getting ready to study

Larsen and Burton

The District

Looks like they are eating well

Hermanas at the CCM

The District in front of the CCM!

These parrots screech in the palm trees all day!

Taco sock at the CCM!

Comments

  1. Wow. another lynn connection. and I didn't realize how far SOUTH she is going. What a wild adventure!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism