I can eat spicy food!
Hola Familia!
Whaaaaaaat?? You guys are moving??? Wow. I was not expecting that. wow. I'm with Ezra, I want stairs ;) and a basement! does it snow there? I don't think I'm going to be able to handle snow when I come back!
And sad to hear about all the flooding and evacuating! I'm praying for all of you guys!
I'm so glad to hear about Ezra's legs! Awe, I know how you feel JJ. But you're going to have so much fun in Washington! I'm glad that you guys were considerate of Moana's needs for cuter boys ;) bahahaha! And that Brother Guymon's keeping her driving in check! I also understand, Jarrad. Funny how the mission really prepares you for life afterwards ;) Hahaha I love the prank you played on Cam! And that's awesome about the promotion (Cam)! Wow, things must be crazy for you, Mom and Dad! Keep me updated on the move!
It's been a good week overall! This week we had intercambios (exchanges) but this time I stayed in Aguilas and Hermana Marrero went to the capacitadora's (Sister Training Leader's) area. Hermana Carrillo came and it was my responsibility to lead as it's our area. Ahhhhh!! We don't find out when exchanges are going to happen until the night before, and I was freaking out all night and morning until they came. I was sure we were going to get lost. One because I'm terrible with directions to begin with, two we don't have google maps, and three half of our appointments were with people that we had never visited before.
But I'm happy to announce that we didn't get lost once (at least as far as Hna Carrillo knows), and I think it was really good for me to take on a little more responsibility. It helped me gain more confidence in myself, in that I can do things as a missionary. I can navigate streets that don't have their names written and not get totally lost. I can teach the Gospel in Spanish. I can eat spicy food. And I think because of that experience of more responsibility I've been able to work harder this week, I think me and Hermana Marrero are more of a team than we've ever been. We've become really good at trading food we don't like. I slip her my tomatoes and she passes me her onions when no one's looking :)
Hermana Carrillo taught me how to say "I'm poor so don't charge me a lot!" in Tsotzil (the indigenous language aqui) so I can say that when we're buying Chiapaneca stuff on the street, because it's true :)
One day we were really late for an appointment this week, so we took a taxi to get there faster. Hermana Marrero told the driver to go super fast like Toronto (not sure what his name is) from Fast and Furious, and oh my goodness he did not disappoint! I feared for my life many a time in the public transportation here my first transfer, but I've gotten used to their driving. But oh my, never again will we tell a taxo driver to go like Toronto again! He went so fast, even around turns, I was sure the car was going to flip! Hahaha as much as we wish we had cars as missionaries down here I'm really glad sometimes we don't! (Note: we think she means Dominic Toretto)
After leaving behind so many investigators last week, we were able to find lots of new people this week we are hoping will progress. Thanks for praying so hard for our investigators! Xa_ drank coffee this week, so we had to push back her baptismal date (insert a million broken hearts) but she told us she felt so bad after the first sip because she knew it was wrong she didn't even finish it. We're sad that she drank even that much, but we're so glad that she's recognizing that sin really only leads to unhappiness, even if in the moment it's enjoyable. We haven't seen Cr_ this week, he's so hard to track down because he's so busy! We might have to leave him for a while, we don't know if he's going to progress, but we hope so! Thank you so much for all your support with him!
Love you guys mucho mucho!
Hermana Larsen
Whaaaaaaat?? You guys are moving??? Wow. I was not expecting that. wow. I'm with Ezra, I want stairs ;) and a basement! does it snow there? I don't think I'm going to be able to handle snow when I come back!
And sad to hear about all the flooding and evacuating! I'm praying for all of you guys!
I'm so glad to hear about Ezra's legs! Awe, I know how you feel JJ. But you're going to have so much fun in Washington! I'm glad that you guys were considerate of Moana's needs for cuter boys ;) bahahaha! And that Brother Guymon's keeping her driving in check! I also understand, Jarrad. Funny how the mission really prepares you for life afterwards ;) Hahaha I love the prank you played on Cam! And that's awesome about the promotion (Cam)! Wow, things must be crazy for you, Mom and Dad! Keep me updated on the move!
It's been a good week overall! This week we had intercambios (exchanges) but this time I stayed in Aguilas and Hermana Marrero went to the capacitadora's (Sister Training Leader's) area. Hermana Carrillo came and it was my responsibility to lead as it's our area. Ahhhhh!! We don't find out when exchanges are going to happen until the night before, and I was freaking out all night and morning until they came. I was sure we were going to get lost. One because I'm terrible with directions to begin with, two we don't have google maps, and three half of our appointments were with people that we had never visited before.
But I'm happy to announce that we didn't get lost once (at least as far as Hna Carrillo knows), and I think it was really good for me to take on a little more responsibility. It helped me gain more confidence in myself, in that I can do things as a missionary. I can navigate streets that don't have their names written and not get totally lost. I can teach the Gospel in Spanish. I can eat spicy food. And I think because of that experience of more responsibility I've been able to work harder this week, I think me and Hermana Marrero are more of a team than we've ever been. We've become really good at trading food we don't like. I slip her my tomatoes and she passes me her onions when no one's looking :)
| I can eat spicy food! |
Hermana Carrillo taught me how to say "I'm poor so don't charge me a lot!" in Tsotzil (the indigenous language aqui) so I can say that when we're buying Chiapaneca stuff on the street, because it's true :)
One day we were really late for an appointment this week, so we took a taxi to get there faster. Hermana Marrero told the driver to go super fast like Toronto (not sure what his name is) from Fast and Furious, and oh my goodness he did not disappoint! I feared for my life many a time in the public transportation here my first transfer, but I've gotten used to their driving. But oh my, never again will we tell a taxo driver to go like Toronto again! He went so fast, even around turns, I was sure the car was going to flip! Hahaha as much as we wish we had cars as missionaries down here I'm really glad sometimes we don't! (Note: we think she means Dominic Toretto)
After leaving behind so many investigators last week, we were able to find lots of new people this week we are hoping will progress. Thanks for praying so hard for our investigators! Xa_ drank coffee this week, so we had to push back her baptismal date (insert a million broken hearts) but she told us she felt so bad after the first sip because she knew it was wrong she didn't even finish it. We're sad that she drank even that much, but we're so glad that she's recognizing that sin really only leads to unhappiness, even if in the moment it's enjoyable. We haven't seen Cr_ this week, he's so hard to track down because he's so busy! We might have to leave him for a while, we don't know if he's going to progress, but we hope so! Thank you so much for all your support with him!
Love you guys mucho mucho!
Hermana Larsen
| Hermana Larsen y Zeferino Nandayapa |
| Pday adventure |
| Hermana Larsen |
| Marrero y Larsen |
| Larsen y Marrero |
| The lovely Hermana Marrero |
| Ricas Quesadillas, yum! |
Comments
Post a Comment