A rough sleeping arrangement
Hola Familia!
Sounds like you guys have had a busy with travel and all! Haha I'm glad to hear Grandma and Grandpa eat at the hour food should be eaten [2 PM]! That's so awesome about the Pinewood Derby, Ez!! And JJ on your tests! Mo, welcome to my life ;) That's awesome, Cam, I think. Do you like your coworkers? And I'm glad you guys are reunited after work travel, Mom and Dad!
I've finally got another Spanish fail for you. I've been having some trouble differentiating between Chango and Chongo. Chongo is hair bun, and Chango is a type of monkey. I may or may not have complimented a few people on their monkeys....
It's been a really busy week for me. We were in a trio twice this week, so that was cool! The first time was on Wednesday. Instead of normal exchanges, one of our Sister Training Leaders, Hermana Cruz, came to our area and Hermana Carillo went to another area. It was cool to do something a little different and be able to see how Hermana Cruz works and learn from her. She really opens her mouth with everyone, she's not afraid to contact everyone we pass in the street, and I love that and really want to apply it! This is the only time in my life that I'm going to be able to share the Gospel with strangers in the street as a missionary!
The second trio was a surprise tri-stake activity "Missionary for a Day" in which a 13 year old girl from another stake named As_ stayed with us and was a missionary for a day (hence the name haha). Unfortunately all we had that night after the activity started was a meeting to plan a ward mission activity, all of our appointments fell through the next morning, and then we had the comida, and then the activity was over. She didn't get to be in a single lesson! And I was like "I promise it's usually better than this!" Haha hopefully it all still strengthened her desires to serve a mission! Honestly the best part [of missionary work] is the lessons, when you can help other people really understand the Gospel.
The only downside of doing the trios is it makes for a rough sleeping arrangement. We pushed our two mattresses together and slept perpendicular to them, the three of us. The mattresses were falling apart and As_ had her head on me all night and her feet on Hermana Lopez, hahahaha! I think As_ was the only one who slept.
As far as our investigators go, we've been visiting Em_ and her family a lot this week. They fulfill their commitments for the most part, but we're not sure that Em_ is having a real conversion. She absolutely loves us; talking to us, feeding us, etc. but there's not a lot of interest in the actual lessons. We feel that she does everything for us and we're not sure how to help her have a real conversion, and really want to make changes for herself and her family. And yes, the girl from the pictures is Ro_`s little sister Li_ :)
Xa_ is doing really well! She honestly acts like a life long member, she gives really awesome insights in lessons at church, and in the visits as a recent convert! Baby Ha_ still hasn't come! Maybe she's waiting for Xa_ to change her name to Larsen ;)
We also received a really awesome reference this week from our stake president! Her name is Ko_, she's 42 years old, married (wooooohooooooo!), really outgoing and easy to get along with, and easily the most financially fortunate person I've met here. But even though she seemingly has everything she could ever want, she's so lost. She feels that she has no purpose in her life. She wakes up in the morning just because she has to go to work, there's nothing more for her. She was really sincere with us, and also real humble and open to our message. We're really excited to help Hermana Ko_ find the truth and come to know that we are here for a reason. I really love the message of hope the Gospel always brings in our lives, that there is more to come, tribulations end, and we have eternal potential.
It's interesting how when we put our focus in the things of the world, when that's our pursuit, those things that the world tells us will make us happy, we always wind up empty. Nothing the world can offer us lasts, it's all just stuff. What will last is what we learn, our experiences here on the earth. Our actions. I love Matthew 6:19-21, if we put our treasure in the Lord and his Gospel, that's where we will find lasting happiness. The world can make you happy for a moment, but it always, always will end. The promise of the Lord is eternal joy, and I can promise that it's real. We have access to it, but we have to choose where our treasure will be, and what our treasure will be.
I hope you guys have a wonderful week!
Con mucho mucho amor,
Hermana Larsen
Sounds like you guys have had a busy with travel and all! Haha I'm glad to hear Grandma and Grandpa eat at the hour food should be eaten [2 PM]! That's so awesome about the Pinewood Derby, Ez!! And JJ on your tests! Mo, welcome to my life ;) That's awesome, Cam, I think. Do you like your coworkers? And I'm glad you guys are reunited after work travel, Mom and Dad!
I've finally got another Spanish fail for you. I've been having some trouble differentiating between Chango and Chongo. Chongo is hair bun, and Chango is a type of monkey. I may or may not have complimented a few people on their monkeys....
It's been a really busy week for me. We were in a trio twice this week, so that was cool! The first time was on Wednesday. Instead of normal exchanges, one of our Sister Training Leaders, Hermana Cruz, came to our area and Hermana Carillo went to another area. It was cool to do something a little different and be able to see how Hermana Cruz works and learn from her. She really opens her mouth with everyone, she's not afraid to contact everyone we pass in the street, and I love that and really want to apply it! This is the only time in my life that I'm going to be able to share the Gospel with strangers in the street as a missionary!
| Hermanas bonitas! |
The second trio was a surprise tri-stake activity "Missionary for a Day" in which a 13 year old girl from another stake named As_ stayed with us and was a missionary for a day (hence the name haha). Unfortunately all we had that night after the activity started was a meeting to plan a ward mission activity, all of our appointments fell through the next morning, and then we had the comida, and then the activity was over. She didn't get to be in a single lesson! And I was like "I promise it's usually better than this!" Haha hopefully it all still strengthened her desires to serve a mission! Honestly the best part [of missionary work] is the lessons, when you can help other people really understand the Gospel.
The only downside of doing the trios is it makes for a rough sleeping arrangement. We pushed our two mattresses together and slept perpendicular to them, the three of us. The mattresses were falling apart and As_ had her head on me all night and her feet on Hermana Lopez, hahahaha! I think As_ was the only one who slept.
As far as our investigators go, we've been visiting Em_ and her family a lot this week. They fulfill their commitments for the most part, but we're not sure that Em_ is having a real conversion. She absolutely loves us; talking to us, feeding us, etc. but there's not a lot of interest in the actual lessons. We feel that she does everything for us and we're not sure how to help her have a real conversion, and really want to make changes for herself and her family. And yes, the girl from the pictures is Ro_`s little sister Li_ :)
Xa_ is doing really well! She honestly acts like a life long member, she gives really awesome insights in lessons at church, and in the visits as a recent convert! Baby Ha_ still hasn't come! Maybe she's waiting for Xa_ to change her name to Larsen ;)
We also received a really awesome reference this week from our stake president! Her name is Ko_, she's 42 years old, married (wooooohooooooo!), really outgoing and easy to get along with, and easily the most financially fortunate person I've met here. But even though she seemingly has everything she could ever want, she's so lost. She feels that she has no purpose in her life. She wakes up in the morning just because she has to go to work, there's nothing more for her. She was really sincere with us, and also real humble and open to our message. We're really excited to help Hermana Ko_ find the truth and come to know that we are here for a reason. I really love the message of hope the Gospel always brings in our lives, that there is more to come, tribulations end, and we have eternal potential.
It's interesting how when we put our focus in the things of the world, when that's our pursuit, those things that the world tells us will make us happy, we always wind up empty. Nothing the world can offer us lasts, it's all just stuff. What will last is what we learn, our experiences here on the earth. Our actions. I love Matthew 6:19-21, if we put our treasure in the Lord and his Gospel, that's where we will find lasting happiness. The world can make you happy for a moment, but it always, always will end. The promise of the Lord is eternal joy, and I can promise that it's real. We have access to it, but we have to choose where our treasure will be, and what our treasure will be.
I hope you guys have a wonderful week!
Con mucho mucho amor,
Hermana Larsen
| Missionary for a day |
| It will be fun! |
| Ready to work! |
| Missionaries! |
| She's got a knife! |
| Careful with that knife! |
| Say "queso" |
| She has a Machete! |
| Companeras |
| What's with the tongue? |
Comments
Post a Comment