Back to the humble middle ground
Hola Familia!
Looks like you guys have had a fun week! St George is the best! Haha I believe it that the drive was really boring!
It's been a good week! Even though we've been having lots of house issues again... firstly the water decided to give out for two days in Tuxtla again, and we were waaaaay not prepared! But we've repented of our ways and now keep four buckets full of water handy in case the sketchy water system gives out. But the problems don't end there, our toilet also gave up the ghost. The pipe that takes all of the water away broke off and we had another very sad two days without a bathroom.
One of our current greatest obstacles in the work of the Lord is our neighbor's dog. They have this giant weiner dog that hates us, thanks to Hermana Marrero haha. We live on the third floor so we have to go up a stairway to get to our apartment and pass the doorway of the two girls that live below us. They leave their door open, so "Buster" has always been there waiting to greet us every night when we come home. Hermana Marrero always gave him a lot of love, always petting him and telling him what a good boy he was. And then one day I don't know what happened, Buster turned against us. Instead of waiting in the stairway wagging his tail he waits growling. Ever since that day every single night he won't let us pass to get to our apartment. Hahhaha we have to wait for our neighbors to save us. He chose to demonstrate his enmity towards us by peeing on our balcony the other day when some people were there doing repairs. </3
I finally made you guys that video of our apartment and I'm learning I feel really awkward talking in English and I can't remember what some things are called. And I've also committed to never be a TV host. I think it will sound better the next time I make you guys a video if I just do it in Spanish. Haha this week a contact asked me if I was from Venezuela and I've never been more proud of my Spanish! And then someone else didn't understand a word I was saying so I'm back to the humble middle ground. I can't believe I've already been here 5 months! The weeks just keep going by faster and faster.
As far as our investigators go we visited Ko_ this week and she told us she felt sooo good after the lesson we had with her last week she didn't feel like she needed to pray. Or read her pamphlet. Insert a thousand broken hearts. We talked to her about the importance of doing the things that strengthen our spirits and draw us closer to God even when we don't need help. The good news is she is still really receptive, once we explain things to her she understands them really well she just needs them to be said. We're sure that Hermana Ko_ is going to keep progressing if we do all that we can to help her.
I was reading in 1 Nephi 7:10-12 where Nephi is talking to his brothers Laman and Lemuel, basically asking them how they could have forgotten how great the Lord is so quickly. The saw an angel for crying out loud! And I could really identify with him, I've thought the same thing many times in reguards to our investigators and myself. How do we forget so easily, so quickly, and the things the Lord has done for us? And honestly, it's so easy to forget. We have to make a conscious effort to remember him in all things. And it's really doing the small things, reading your scriptures, praying, doing service, going to church that strengthen us, that help us to remember. I want to invite you guys to not let yourselves forget. Make a conscious effort to put your Heavenly Father first in everything in your life and I can promise you that you'll be blessed, you`ll see the differences!
Love you guys muchisimo!!
Hermana Larsen
Looks like you guys have had a fun week! St George is the best! Haha I believe it that the drive was really boring!
It's been a good week! Even though we've been having lots of house issues again... firstly the water decided to give out for two days in Tuxtla again, and we were waaaaay not prepared! But we've repented of our ways and now keep four buckets full of water handy in case the sketchy water system gives out. But the problems don't end there, our toilet also gave up the ghost. The pipe that takes all of the water away broke off and we had another very sad two days without a bathroom.
| El insecto del amor! |
I finally made you guys that video of our apartment and I'm learning I feel really awkward talking in English and I can't remember what some things are called. And I've also committed to never be a TV host. I think it will sound better the next time I make you guys a video if I just do it in Spanish. Haha this week a contact asked me if I was from Venezuela and I've never been more proud of my Spanish! And then someone else didn't understand a word I was saying so I'm back to the humble middle ground. I can't believe I've already been here 5 months! The weeks just keep going by faster and faster.
As far as our investigators go we visited Ko_ this week and she told us she felt sooo good after the lesson we had with her last week she didn't feel like she needed to pray. Or read her pamphlet. Insert a thousand broken hearts. We talked to her about the importance of doing the things that strengthen our spirits and draw us closer to God even when we don't need help. The good news is she is still really receptive, once we explain things to her she understands them really well she just needs them to be said. We're sure that Hermana Ko_ is going to keep progressing if we do all that we can to help her.
I was reading in 1 Nephi 7:10-12 where Nephi is talking to his brothers Laman and Lemuel, basically asking them how they could have forgotten how great the Lord is so quickly. The saw an angel for crying out loud! And I could really identify with him, I've thought the same thing many times in reguards to our investigators and myself. How do we forget so easily, so quickly, and the things the Lord has done for us? And honestly, it's so easy to forget. We have to make a conscious effort to remember him in all things. And it's really doing the small things, reading your scriptures, praying, doing service, going to church that strengthen us, that help us to remember. I want to invite you guys to not let yourselves forget. Make a conscious effort to put your Heavenly Father first in everything in your life and I can promise you that you'll be blessed, you`ll see the differences!
Love you guys muchisimo!!
Hermana Larsen
| Las Hermanas y El Insecto del Amor! |
| Feliz cumplemes cinco! |
Comments
Post a Comment