Haha, hola to all over the USA! Glad to hear there was no flan consumed! To answer your question, no, I'm never dry. If It's not rain water, it's sweat ;)
This week has been crazy busy!
I'll start out with one highlight. We had a district meeting this week in which the zone leaders announced to us that President George wants us to memorize the Living Christ before the end of this transfer over the next three weeks. The Living Christ (one page) somehow translated in Hermana Gomez's head as Jesus the Christ (an 800 page book) and her reaction of disbelief was priceless! Hahahaha! "Hermana, I haven't even finished reading Jesus the Christ!"
JJ, I finally have a Spanish fail again for you. But it's not mine this week. We went to teach a couple of little boys that will be baptized in a couple of weeks, An_ and Jo_, and we were going over the ten commandments. Unfortunately, An_ got a little confused with "thou shalt not covet" and in place of covet said a bad word. Hahaha. oh An_!
This week we went on exchanges with the sisters of Tapachula. I went to the area of Tapachula with Hermana Flores and we had a lot of fun! I also got to meet a parrot that talks at a members house. Paco can say "hola" "me regalas un vasito de agua? (will you get me a drink of water?)" and his name. I tried to get it on video, but Paco also doesn't like me and only responds to his owner.
Here in Mexico they don't only have a Fathers and Mothers day; they have a kids day. And this week for "El Dia del Niño" there were a ton of activities going on! On Friday and Saturday they had an activity "Un Dia en la Misión" in which all the missionaries went on divisions with return missionaries along with two or three kids to give these kids the mission experience. We visited the houses of members pre-planned and the little girls taught. It was a really cute activity and I loved the principle behind it all. Now is the time to start preparing for the mission, not the week before! Honestly, I wish I had done a lot more beforehand to prepare! And you really are never too young, just like these kids.
Un Dia en la Misión
Me_ was baptized yesterday!!! We're so happy! But the universe was against us in every way possible! We thought we had everything ready to go, but Saturday night we got a phone call from Hermano Re_ telling us the white clothes that Me_ was supposed to wear for the baptism had disappeared. So we made a million phone calls and were finally able to find clothes for him Sunday morning. Then we get to church only to find there is no water in the building! Water happens to be a little important when it comes to baptizing, haha, and after an extensive series of events, we were finally able to make the baptism happen at the stake center. Take that, Satan! We fill up the tank about an hour before the baptism, but right before the baptism started we went back to check on it only to find we accidentally left the drain open and half the water was gone! Triste Satanas.
But nothing starts on time here in Mexico anyways ;) so we just waited until it was full again, and Me_ was baptized! It was all around a really special service. Me_ bore his testimony afterwards and the spirit was really strong! Testified to 1 Nefi 3:7, the Lord truly will always provide a way to keep his commandments if we are willing to put in our part!
Love you guys a ton and hope you have a great week!
Hola Familia! Wow, it's surreal to be only in contact through email! Way to go, Ezra and JJ! You guys are awesome basketball players! We must be related because I totally crushed two districts in Knock-Out! I mean, there were some secret combinations involved to get me to the top, and then the elders totally let me win, but it still counts, right? And no, JJ, we don't sleep on hammocks, but sometimes I wish we did! The mattresses are rock hard, which is a blessing in disguise because it makes it really easy to get out of bed in the morning! I was worried my clothes would get dusty without use, so thank you for saving me from that awful fate, Moana. I'm right with you, Jarrad! Way to go Cami! We'll have to compare daily steps when I get back ;) This week has gone by so fast! The plane ride was loooong when all I could do was flip through my spanish-english dictionary. Though it livened up when I opened my water bottle and the pressure change sent a fountain of wate...
Hola familia! Sounds like you guys have had a busy week! Haha I'm so glad that Ez has new motivation to get to school! And sounds like you're living the dream with legos and Youtube! I'm sorry about Kate (the fish). Tell him I said " portate bien !" I guess this move is really happening! Have you guys been looking at houses? Compañeras This week's gone by really fast. As to your question about Xa_, the requirements for our investigators for baptism are to keep the Law of Chastity for a month before their baptism, the Word of Wisdom for two weeks, and go to church for 5 weeks , all as "fruits of their repentance". When people have truly repented they change what they do, and if they aren't keeping these commandments before their baptism it's going to be so much harder afterwards! So when Xa_ drank coffee it pushed her baptismal date back one week because it was a week before the original date. So she'll be baptized [very soon]. S...
Loving these letters. What a bright beautiful young lady. She must delight those around her.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Siri. She's a pretty cool missionary!
ReplyDelete