The house of prayer doesn't have wheels
Hola Familia!
Haha okay, I didn't realize I said that [about the house of prayer] so confusing. So our branch is a part of the city San Cristobal, there are two other branches there in the city, we don't have a stake here just a district. Our branch includes two locations that are about an hour away, one is Teopisca and the other is Oxchuc. Since they are far away they hold their church meetings in houses or regular buildings called "houses of prayer". Here in San Cris we have an actual church and every first Sunday they (the members in Teopisca and Oxchuc) are invited to travel and have their services with us instead of their house of prayer. Every Thursday we travel to Teopisca to proselyte there and the elders in our branch travel to Oxchuc because it's more dangerous. Haha so no, sadly the house of prayer doesn't have wheels and doesn't travel.
This week they actually asked us to go to Chenalho again (don't worry, mom, they don't let us go anywhere alone) so we did a lot of travel with that and Teopisca. I know JJ and Ez have long awaited a Spanish fail, but how about a Tzotzil fail? We visited a family and when we were saying goodbye I asked them to remind me how you say goodbye in Tzotzil (there's like a thousand different ways depending on the context, if they're sitting or standing, etc.) and he says "mateo" so I say "mateo!" and then I move on the next family member "mateo!" But it turns out the hermano heard me wrong and thought I asked him his name - hahahah Mateo is Matthew in Spanish! It's really cool walking around the streets because everyone talks in Tzotzil, when we got back to San Cris I wanted to say "te shabatik!" to everyone!
Ju_ keeps progressing, but this Sunday didn't go to church :( His baptismal date is for the end of the month, so please pray that he'll go to church this Sunday so his date doesn't fall through! We've also been teaching his niece who is a little girl named Es_. She's very sweet and interested, we just need the permission of her parents who work a lot! We also found a really awesome new investigator named Ma_ who works in our branch president's home. We asked her if she had met missionaries before, she said no but she would really like to and invited us to her house! Haha normally we have to ask to be invited, but she as really enthusiastic and we're excited to work with her this week!
Cam, can I be in your engagement photos?? What on earth is svelte?? Haha JJ and Ez, that conversation is so you! JJ, sounds like you've been doing a lot of intense camping and hiking!! Ez, don't spoil Peter Rabbit for me! ;) Mo, whats your new job?? and who was your date? Taybae? Wow! Why is everyone getting married??? Hahaha Jar, thanks for waiting for me to get back first :) Dad, that's so good that they are sending help! You can do it!!! Mom, wait, since when do you have an office job?? Why do you guys keep secrets from me????
Keep reading the Vun Yu'un Mormon :) love you guys!
Hermana Larsen
Haha okay, I didn't realize I said that [about the house of prayer] so confusing. So our branch is a part of the city San Cristobal, there are two other branches there in the city, we don't have a stake here just a district. Our branch includes two locations that are about an hour away, one is Teopisca and the other is Oxchuc. Since they are far away they hold their church meetings in houses or regular buildings called "houses of prayer". Here in San Cris we have an actual church and every first Sunday they (the members in Teopisca and Oxchuc) are invited to travel and have their services with us instead of their house of prayer. Every Thursday we travel to Teopisca to proselyte there and the elders in our branch travel to Oxchuc because it's more dangerous. Haha so no, sadly the house of prayer doesn't have wheels and doesn't travel.
This week they actually asked us to go to Chenalho again (don't worry, mom, they don't let us go anywhere alone) so we did a lot of travel with that and Teopisca. I know JJ and Ez have long awaited a Spanish fail, but how about a Tzotzil fail? We visited a family and when we were saying goodbye I asked them to remind me how you say goodbye in Tzotzil (there's like a thousand different ways depending on the context, if they're sitting or standing, etc.) and he says "mateo" so I say "mateo!" and then I move on the next family member "mateo!" But it turns out the hermano heard me wrong and thought I asked him his name - hahahah Mateo is Matthew in Spanish! It's really cool walking around the streets because everyone talks in Tzotzil, when we got back to San Cris I wanted to say "te shabatik!" to everyone!
Ju_ keeps progressing, but this Sunday didn't go to church :( His baptismal date is for the end of the month, so please pray that he'll go to church this Sunday so his date doesn't fall through! We've also been teaching his niece who is a little girl named Es_. She's very sweet and interested, we just need the permission of her parents who work a lot! We also found a really awesome new investigator named Ma_ who works in our branch president's home. We asked her if she had met missionaries before, she said no but she would really like to and invited us to her house! Haha normally we have to ask to be invited, but she as really enthusiastic and we're excited to work with her this week!
Cam, can I be in your engagement photos?? What on earth is svelte?? Haha JJ and Ez, that conversation is so you! JJ, sounds like you've been doing a lot of intense camping and hiking!! Ez, don't spoil Peter Rabbit for me! ;) Mo, whats your new job?? and who was your date? Taybae? Wow! Why is everyone getting married??? Hahaha Jar, thanks for waiting for me to get back first :) Dad, that's so good that they are sending help! You can do it!!! Mom, wait, since when do you have an office job?? Why do you guys keep secrets from me????
Keep reading the Vun Yu'un Mormon :) love you guys!
Hermana Larsen
Comments
Post a Comment