Loving a people and a culture that I never imagined even meeting
Hola familia!
Thank you all for your sweet thoughts on this time that I've spent serving in Chiapas :) Wow, 18 months. How do you put 18 months into one letter??
I can honestly say that serving a mission has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. These last few days have been full of a lot of mixed emotions, I'm not sure if it's really hit me yet that I'm going home this week haha.
We had a last week full of a lot of miracles! We started teaching a the family of a contact we made a couple of weeks ago. he is almost never there, but his mom took a lot of interest. Her name is Ma_ and she is very receptive! She has seven kids, so the lessons that we have had have been very lively haha, most of them aren't really paying attention, but I know this family is going to progress a lot! The relief society president went with us to meet them and made the lesson awesome! The week ended on a sweet note when Hermana Si_ and her family came to church for the first time and LOVED it!
This week was full of sad goodbyes and a lot of lasts. But I'm so grateful for all of the experiences that I've had! This transfer was a sweet opportunity training Hna Barrón! She is such an excellent missionary and I learned so much from her! Going over all of the training that we had to do helped me recognize all of the things that I need to get better at and take advantage of the last transfer of my mission to become better.
The mission has changed me a lot. It has changed my priorities. I now understand what really is the most important in this life are the people, that we can't truly be happy only focusing on ourselves, that only by turning outward, putting the needs of others before our own can we truly be happy. Only by losing our lives can we find them. Only by following the example of the Savior. The mission has blessed me with so many experiences and special relationships, abilities and habits and characteristics that I will forever treasure.
I learned to love a people and a culture that I never imagined even meeting. I learned that the Lord always has a plan and that if we choose to be part of it that he can mold us and convert us into true disciples. That everything that we experience gives us opportunities to be more like the savior.
I think the hardest thing about my mission was accepting individual agency. There were so many times that I wanted so badly for people to accept and be changed by the gospel and when people rejected the message, when people weren't willing to do what´s necessary to receive the blessing of the restored gospel, it was hard. But we can always find joy in knowing that we have done our part.
I have loved being here and I'm honestly freaking out a little bit about it ending, but I'm so excited to see you guys and will see you on Thursday!
Les amo!
Hermana Larsen
Thank you all for your sweet thoughts on this time that I've spent serving in Chiapas :) Wow, 18 months. How do you put 18 months into one letter??
I can honestly say that serving a mission has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. These last few days have been full of a lot of mixed emotions, I'm not sure if it's really hit me yet that I'm going home this week haha.
We had a last week full of a lot of miracles! We started teaching a the family of a contact we made a couple of weeks ago. he is almost never there, but his mom took a lot of interest. Her name is Ma_ and she is very receptive! She has seven kids, so the lessons that we have had have been very lively haha, most of them aren't really paying attention, but I know this family is going to progress a lot! The relief society president went with us to meet them and made the lesson awesome! The week ended on a sweet note when Hermana Si_ and her family came to church for the first time and LOVED it!
This week was full of sad goodbyes and a lot of lasts. But I'm so grateful for all of the experiences that I've had! This transfer was a sweet opportunity training Hna Barrón! She is such an excellent missionary and I learned so much from her! Going over all of the training that we had to do helped me recognize all of the things that I need to get better at and take advantage of the last transfer of my mission to become better.
The mission has changed me a lot. It has changed my priorities. I now understand what really is the most important in this life are the people, that we can't truly be happy only focusing on ourselves, that only by turning outward, putting the needs of others before our own can we truly be happy. Only by losing our lives can we find them. Only by following the example of the Savior. The mission has blessed me with so many experiences and special relationships, abilities and habits and characteristics that I will forever treasure.
I learned to love a people and a culture that I never imagined even meeting. I learned that the Lord always has a plan and that if we choose to be part of it that he can mold us and convert us into true disciples. That everything that we experience gives us opportunities to be more like the savior.
I think the hardest thing about my mission was accepting individual agency. There were so many times that I wanted so badly for people to accept and be changed by the gospel and when people rejected the message, when people weren't willing to do what´s necessary to receive the blessing of the restored gospel, it was hard. But we can always find joy in knowing that we have done our part.
I have loved being here and I'm honestly freaking out a little bit about it ending, but I'm so excited to see you guys and will see you on Thursday!
Les amo!
Hermana Larsen
Comments
Post a Comment