Hola familia!
Surprisingly I haven't been sunburned yet. I don't want to jinx anything though! I think I'm getting tanner, I've got a sweet watch tan line! But it's not enough. We took some pictures with people from our zone and district in front of a white wall. Like as white as me. I literally am the wall. The running joke is "Where's Hermana Larsen?" because I disappear in pictures </3
 |
| Hermana Larsen in Tuxtla |
As far as my studies go, it's awesome to have all morning! I love studying! Personal study is really up to me. I try to use it so I'm studying a little from the BoM (
Book of Mormon), Bible and whatever else I'd like to study. It's a good time to personally prepare for what I want to teach. As a companionship first we share what we learned in personal study and then read the missionary manual and carpeta de nuestro misión. Then we plan what we are going to teach and either practice or study from Preach My Gospel. Language Study is also up to me, I try to split it up too. Some grammar, some words, some reading of the LdM (
Libro de Mormon) aloud. And in training we usually watch videos and study scriptures and talk about different teaching fundamentals.
My Spanish has definitely improved a lot, being forced to use it always! You learn to get creative with how you say things with a limited vocabulary. I'm definitely understanding a ton more! But it's still super easy to get lost! There are lots of phrases and such that are used that you just wouldn't use in English.
Every week has resulted in fun miscommunications, but I think my favorite Spanish fail was this week. Me and Hermana Marrero were at home one night planning for the week and my bug bites were killing me! I wanted to know if she had a lot bug bites (
piquetes) so I casually asked her. Unfortunately I didn't say bug bites, I said "
Tiene muchos pecados?" "Do you have a lot of sins?" and she gave me a look of pure confusion I will never forget! Hahahaha! And the answer is, no, Hermana Marrero doesn't have a lot of sins or bug bites ;)
I'm glad Mom and Dad are healthy again! Colds are the worst! And sounds like everyone else had an awesome week!
Right now we're struggling to find investigators. We can't get anyone past the second lesson. We have two people who we have high hopes for, but both left town for Christmas! Ugh! So as of right now we don't have anyone progressing, but we have high hopes for next week! I think a lot of it is attributed to the fact we're opening an area, so now things are starting to get settled I think we'll have more success.
We had ward Christmas parties in both wards this week and went and sang Christmas songs at the mall with our zone. Haha we didn't get to see much of the Christmas parties because they go super late here! One ward was supposed to start at 6, but we had an appointment and didn't get there until 7:30, but no one was there! Haha no one came until after 8! Mexican Standard Time.
I can't wait to see you guys on Navidad! Hope you have a great week leading up to it and do lots of missionary work!
Con amor,
Hermana Larsen
 |
| Marrero y Larsen |
 |
| Cool clock tower |
 |
| A courtyard in Tuxtla |
 |
| Tuxtla Gutierrez |
 |
| Las calles de Tuxtla |
 |
Feliz Cumplemes!
 |
| Dos Meses! |
|
 |
| Aren't they cute? |
 |
| Ward Christmas party |
 |
| Ward Christmas party |
 |
| Where's Hermana Larsen? |
 |
| A few elders |
 |
| Happy elders |
 |
| Where's Hermana Larsen? |
 |
| Larsen y Marrero |
 |
| Wearing traditional Mexican blouses |
 |
| La camiseta bonita |
 |
| Una Hermana Bonita! |
Comments
Post a Comment