The struggle is real with limited access to technology!

Hola familia!

This week has been really busy with a lot of activities and conferences. And TRANSFER NEWS.... stay tuned to find out where Hermana Larsen will be tomorrow ;)

It all started on Tuesday with a tri-zone activity at the Zoo! Super fun! I got to see Hermana Burton and meet my "grandma" Hermana Santos, aka Hermana Marrero's trainer! Though it topped the cake when we had a monkey throw fruit at us!

Changos!

To add to the fun this week there as a little earthquake in the middle of the night. It woke both me and Hermana Lopez up but neither of us was sure if it was a dream or not so we didn't talk about it until the morning, haha. Turns out it was real! Or all of Tuxtla had the same dream...

Then there was General Conference which was absolutely awesome! There were some really great talks given and I also noticed a theme of missionary work and the plan of salvation. I absolutely loved the talk by S. Mark Palmer! He was the guy with the accent, right? (half of the talks started in English before the translator starts talking) I also loved the talk by Elder Renlund and the other new apostle who's name I forgot. Some really profound thoughts!

It was really interesting to watch in Spanish, especially hearing a little of the background in English. I think a little of the cultural nuances are lost in the translation sometimes, like I didn't hear the quote you said by President Uchtdorf ("I'm pretty sure that church sleep is among the healthiest of all sleeps"), but there were also a few that were translated by the person who spoke and it was cool to hear it in their actual voices! I think my favorite of them all was the brother that talked about not losing the language of our fathers, not losing the language of the spirit. If we don't practice and teach it to others and our family, just like any other language, we will forget the language of the spirit.

Apparently yesterday morning was daylight savings, but we didn't find out until last night, haha! We were visiting Ro_ and it got to be 8:35pm. He asks us "shouldn't you guys be running by now?" (We're literally always running haha) and we were like "no, why would we? It's still early". "Don't you guys have to be in your house by 9? It's 9:35pm...", to which we responded by packing our bags and running. Hahaha the struggle is real with limited access to technology! I don't know how we got to General Conference on time! But the good news is we now know about the time change!

Hermana Lopez is sad to be finishing her mission. She'd love to extend it for another year and a half, but she knows there's awesome things in store for her at home in Guatemala! The great thing is we never have to stop being missionaries, nor should we! As a missionary I've really come to learn how important members are in the work in finding investigators. There's so much that you guys can do that we can't as full time missionaries and we really rely on you!

And finally, transfers.*insert drumroll* Tomorrow I will be leaving Tuxtla Gutierrez and heading down to Tapachula to serve in the Bonanza Ward as a sister training leader with Hermana Gomez as my companion! I honestly can't believe it. Firstly that I'm going to Tapachula. It's getting hotter and hotter every day and I'm sweating buckets and everyone keeps telling me it pales in comparison to the heat and humidity in Tapachula, so pray for my survival! haha. And to be going as a sister training leader terrifies me as well! haha but I trust in the inspiration of the president and I'm excited to be serving down there. I'm sad to be leaving Aguilas, and especially that I won't get to see Jo_, Em_, Li_, Ro_, Be_, Ti_, and Ko_ all baptized, but I know it's all for the best.

Love you guys a ton!

Hermana Larsen

P.S. oh, and because we had the trizone activity I got my package early! thank you guys so much! it was perfect! It had everything I needed and wanted!I love the candy, the water bottle, and the shirts, and I'm super excited about the music you sent because the simplified hymns also have the chords I need for the ukulele! so I can play way more hymns! and sorry I didn't wait till my birthday, I didn't want to take the box to Tapachula :)

Matching shirts at the ZooMAT!

A few hermanas and an elder.

Hermanas Cruz and Larsen

Larsen and Santos (Kaysie's "gramma", the trainer of her trainer)

Lopez y Larsen

Un lizard?

Hermanas at the ZooMAT!

Funny bird!

Larsen and Burton together again!

President and Sister George with Hermanas Lopez and Larsen

Jaguar!

Jaguar?

Birthday package has arrived!

Hey, is it your birthday yet?

Last days in Tuxtla

Una fiesta

Hey!

Lopez and Larsen

Una Hermana Bonita!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism