Super moldy... super fast

Hola familia!

Hahaha I love hearing about your weeks! Yikes! Sounds like a lot of sickies! I know pneumonia sucks! Awe, and for you too, JJ! Haha that's awesome about grandparents day, Ez. You guys have to keep practicing so I can see your square dancing in accion when I come back! I bet that's a ton of work with the walls, Mom! And I'm sure they look much different despite what Ez may say ;)  And awe, I'm glad Sirius has a new really good home!

Major miracle of the week: El_. This week our zone leaders gave us a reference named Iv_ that was in a part of our area that we'd never been before called Loma Bonita. We trudged up and down muddy hills for an hour until finally we found the house! We ask for Iv_, but it turns out it wasn't his home, but his parents. His father greeted us not super happily when we told him who we were and that we'd like to come back and visit him. He told us that he had been to our church before and that the members had told him he was a spy and shouldn't come back, so he never did. By his tone he was obviously very offended. We apologized for the bad experience he had had and let him know that he was welcome and invited him to church on Sunday. He said he'd think about it, but gave us his number so we could call and remind him.

We were also able to find his son down the street and set up a return appointment with him. Turns out we had asked him for directions an hour earlier, but he didn't realize it was him we were looking for. Too funny! Fast forward to Sunday, we had promised El_, the father, that we would call and remind him about church, so we did. I gave him a call and it was like talking to a completely different person! "Oh you're that American!" His tone had completely changed and he was super courteous and told us that he'd love to come to church! And better yet, he did! He came! He stayed all three hours and it turned out one of the speakers was one of his really good friends! We had an awesome Gospel Principles class in which all the recent converts bore their testimonies, and he showed a lot of interest in all of the things that were discussed. I don't know what changed El_'s mind about the church yesterday, but I'm sure glad it did! And we're super excited for him!

Ja_ and Ca_ have also been progressing a lot! I love them! They don't have a phone, but we communicate through notes on their front door :) Ja_ is really intelligent and understands the principles really quickly. They have a baptismal date for the 24th of June. An_ and Jo_ also have a baptismal date for this weekend :)

Dos niños y su conejo

Fun fact of the week: because of all the humidity, everything gets super moldy here super fast. And I'm not talking about the food (how I wish I was talking about the food). I'm talking about the walls and my uke case and all my clothes! Turns out if you don't wear a shirt for a couple of weeks, mold overtakes it! I had fun this morning scrubbing mold off of everything :)

We also had a leadership conference this week that was super good! The last one for President George :(. Overall successful week in the work of the Lord :)

Les amo un buen and hope that you guys have a great week and keep being awesome! in the wise words of Kaisa (one of Hna Larsen's friends) "Have fun and keep the commandments, you can do both".

Hermana Larsen

Final leadership conference with President and Sister George

The George's with Hermanas Larsen and Gomez

Larsen y Gomez

Otras hermanas

Amigas

The boys and their rabbit

Just chillin in the hammock

An investigator who does not have a phone

Leaves notes on the door

Comments

  1. How is kaysie handling all that heat with her hair down? She's Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real life wonder woman! We think her hair just stays pretty flat. We are seeing more pictures with her hair up, or tied behind her head. That's got to give some relief. It's 85 to 90 degrees with 75-85% humidity all the time where she is now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism