Simple math - if it's good it's from the spirit

Hello hello happy family!!

You guys are awesome missionaries!!! And Silverwood looks legit!!! Cami, my comp says that she wants to know you and maybe be you. Haha one day I'll go on scary roller coasters with you, Jar!! Haha I'm glad that nothing broke and no one died, Dad! ;) And I'm glad things are coming along in the house, Mom!!! Mo, amen to Cafe Rio. JJ, I majorly feel your pain! And you do not have my permission to go to middle school! haha Ez, I get dizzy too on rides!!

I learned a very important lesson this week: the key to success as a missionary is all in the shoes ;) my package came!!!! You guys are da bomb! Seriously, I can run miles again! And I have make up that actually matches my pure white skin!! Haha maybe there are a few more important things to success as a missionary, like the spirit, but this package was seriously a life saver!

This week has been another busy one! I can't believe it's already Monday again! I kind of feel like Monday was three days ago, because President Doman took us and the other two Tuxtla zones to the Cañón del Sumidero! Aka the River Sidon (see Alma 4:4)!!!!!!! Which was super awesome and super beautiful! President Doman just makes me super excited to be here in Chiapas where there is so much incredible history. We're literally here in Book of Mormon land, walking where generations and generations of people have walked whose stories we read in sacred books of scripture! Practically doing the same things that they did, missionary work (and washing clothes by hand ;))!! Love Chiapas and love being a missionary!!

Hermanas en El Cañón del Sumidero

We also had a zone conference this week with President Doman. There's one thing that an elder said that really stood out to me, he talked about how at this point in our lives no one has to tell us that 2 plus 2 equals 4. It's math we can do without really thinking. And it should be the same with the spirit.  The spirit will always always always tell us to do good things and live the commandments. If the thought comes to do something good, we don't need to sit there trying to decide if it's from the spirit or not. If it's good it's from the spirit and we should act upon it, we should do it! It's simple math. I've come to realize that I need to act more on the promptings of the spirit, that we should all always be looking for opportunities to do good. As we do so we will become more and more sensitive to the spirit.

We had a super cool miracle this week with our investigators Te_ and Ye_! We were only able to see them at the beginning of the week because Te_ got sick, but were planning on calling the Saturday night to remind them about church on Sunday. But they sent us a text before we could call them, asking us what time church was at and if we could pass by for them!! What??? Literally never happens as missionaries!!! It was such a tender mercy, Te_ and Ye_ are absolutely golden!

We also started teaching a different Te_ who is the grandma of a recent convert named Tonatiu. Tonatiu is an awesome member missionary!!!! He's from a different stake and was baptized two months ago, but has sent literally his entire extended family as references to the missionaries. And he comes to every lesson! What I really love about him is that he is not ashamed of the gospel. The gospel makes him happy and he's not afraid to share it with others! He's such a great example even to me as a missionary!

Be Tonatiu!

con mucho amor,

Hermana Larsen

Ready for the trip to the Canyon

Bus ride!

Hermanas on the bus


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism