El Pan de Salvaciòn - the Bread of Salvation

Hola Familia!

Feliz cumpleaños a ti!!!!!!!!!! happy happy birthday to the newest 17 year old in the world!!!!! Well, probably not anymore, but happy birthday :) Ezra, I've probably seen more dogs than people this week. JJ, yay basketball!!!!! does it start this week? Mo, way to go missionary and be a strong independent woman!!!! And let me know when the feast is going to be ;) Love you, grandma and grandpa! Glad to hear you guys are doing well! Mom and Dad, looks like you guys pulled off quite the celebration! Yay Cami! I think I will soon be joining you in the glasses club, so if you want you can buy me some while you're at it :) Jar, I want very specific details about your date! And who's the general authority that went to your stake conference??

Wow, this week I completed one year in the mission. I feel like I should says something really profound. *insert something profound here please* And funny that you guys mention burning things to celebrate.... nothing was intentionally burned, but we have this thing that I have no idea what it's called that's like a metal rod that we put in our water buckets so that we can shower (I don't really know what to call what we do, it's not a bath or a shower, it's a bucket full of water and a cup...) with warm water (this is my first house that has one and it's heaven). But we accidentally left it heating water in a bucket for a whole day.... it didn't end well for the water, the bucket, the rod, or the bathroom floor... there may or may not have been an explosion... haha good times!

We found a new investigator this week named Da_. Well technically Da_ found us. Da_ is a 26 year old who's really good friends with a return missionary named Lu_. Lu_ joined the church about 5 years ago and early this year got back from his mission, but talked very little about the church with Da_. But seeing the example of his life and the little that he had heard about the church interested him a lot.

The other day we were walking to an appointment when we heard someone yell at us (side note: when you hear people yelling at you here as a missionary you walk faster because they aren't likely to have good intentions), so we went a little faster. A little bit later we hear them yell again, but distinctly "Hermanas!", haha the official sign that it's safe to stop and talk to these people. There we met Lu_ and Da_ and set up an appointment to visit him! We thought that Lu_ had made the invitation and that's why they had called out to us, but Da_ told us afterwards that he had recognized us as missionaries and told his friend to call out to us so that he could learn more! So WE got contacted :) and it really shows how much Da_ is ready for and really needs the gospel in his life, especially at this point while he is passing for a trial. (also, PS, don't wait until your friends have to ask you to invite the missionaries over, invite them!)

Spanish fail of the week: my favorite Spanish fails are the ones that I don't make :) this week's is brought to you by Ar_! We were teaching Ar_ the Plan of Salvation this week, but when I told him that we were going to talk about the plan of salvation "El Plan de Salvaciòn" he goes "ah si, el Pan de Salvaciòn" the Bread of Salvation. Hahahaha, not quite! But good gospel analogy!

I also love that phrase "reason to rejoice" we truly have so many reasons to rejoice thanks to the gospel of Jesus Christ! Thank you guys for all of the reasons you give Washington to rejoice as well as me! Hope you guys have a super good week! Read the Book of Mormon! Keep the commandments!

Love,
Hermana Larsen

Yes, these pics are from a few months ago, but Hermana Larsen is in between cameras.  :)

Hermana Gomez taught Hermana Larsen how to make tortillas

Patty cake...

Si se puede!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism