God texted her and so she was baptized
Hola familia!!
Haha sounds like a good week, Ez! haha no, Mo, I don't remember the peacoat Christmas situation... JJ, way to go!!!!!!!!!! I knew you had some serious tackling in you from all the times you tackled me ;) Jar, [he called] me too. Says you're a dirtbag. Hahahahaha! Haha Cam, what did they do to your hair? I'm impressed, Dad [with the cookies]!! Mom, I want you to have all your fingers when I come back please!
Hmm true story, in two days I'll have un año on the mission!!! That's super crazy! I definitely don't feel like I've been here a year..... But I can definitely say I have changed so much!! yeah, the first few months were very difficult for me, but I'm so grateful for that because it's thanks to the difficult experiences that I've been able to grow and change and learn. If I could go back and do it again there's a lot of things I would have done differently to prepare for the mission. Number one is probably study more the scriptures and preach my gospel! I learned I absolutely love both of them now and I wish I would have discovered better that love and obtained a greater knowledge before the mission! And shared the gospel more with my friends. It's so easy and so great to share the gospel, what held me back?? I'm truly so grateful for all the things I've learned in this year. I love the gospel and I love being a missionary!!!
This week has been SUPER miraculous! The greatest miracle was with Hermana Te_. I think I mentioned last week that we fasted with her on Sunday that she would receive an answer to know if she should be baptized on Saturday. We fasted, she fasted, and invited the assistants and the mission office elders to fast too (her daughter and Tonatiu live in their ward). On Thursday when we visited her she told us very definitively that she was not going to be baptized on Saturday. She told us she had fasted and prayed, but the Lord hadn't told her if she should be baptized yet. She said she had felt some things that could be her answer, but wanted something more specific. We tried to help her recognize the spirit, but she was decided.
We left a little discouraged. But a few hours later, a little bit after we got home we received a phone call from her daughter Pa_. We couldn't believe what she told us! "My mom wants to be baptized on Saturday!" Whaaaaaaat??? "Hermana Pa_, don't joke about that. We're a little sensitive right now." Haha we honestly didn't believe it at first, but it was true!! She told us that Te_ received a message that same day from a niece that she literally never ever talks to (haha in the words of Te_ isn't even very spiritual), it was a long message, religious thought type thing that talked all about the importance of baptism and basically said "be baptized!". Hermana Te_ says that in that moment she knew the Lord had answered her prayers and he was telling her in a very specific way she couldn't deny that she needed to be baptized. "God texted me" And so she [she was baptized]!
Pa_ was in Tapachula and wasn't going to get here until 10, so we were going to have the baptism at 10 Saturday night, but ended up changing it to Sunday morning before the church services. It was such a special experience seeing Te_ finally make a covenant with the Lord! She shared her testimony in gospel principles, and invited all of the investigators to be baptized! She said she felt something so beautiful that she'd like everyone to experience baptism! :)
I can 100% testify that fasting and praying works. If any of you are looking for the answer to any important question or decision don´t forget to turn to the Lord. He loves us and truly desires to help us, and his promise is that if we seek to know the truth and put in our part, he will answer us! As Alma experienced in Alma 5:45-46, it is truly only through fasting and prayer that we can come to know the truthfulness of all things. The answers are there, and if we are willing to show a little faith and rely on the Lord he will answer us in ways we never could have imagined.
Keep the commandments, read the Book of Mormon, learn Spanish :)
love,
Hermana Larsen
Haha sounds like a good week, Ez! haha no, Mo, I don't remember the peacoat Christmas situation... JJ, way to go!!!!!!!!!! I knew you had some serious tackling in you from all the times you tackled me ;) Jar, [he called] me too. Says you're a dirtbag. Hahahahaha! Haha Cam, what did they do to your hair? I'm impressed, Dad [with the cookies]!! Mom, I want you to have all your fingers when I come back please!
Hmm true story, in two days I'll have un año on the mission!!! That's super crazy! I definitely don't feel like I've been here a year..... But I can definitely say I have changed so much!! yeah, the first few months were very difficult for me, but I'm so grateful for that because it's thanks to the difficult experiences that I've been able to grow and change and learn. If I could go back and do it again there's a lot of things I would have done differently to prepare for the mission. Number one is probably study more the scriptures and preach my gospel! I learned I absolutely love both of them now and I wish I would have discovered better that love and obtained a greater knowledge before the mission! And shared the gospel more with my friends. It's so easy and so great to share the gospel, what held me back?? I'm truly so grateful for all the things I've learned in this year. I love the gospel and I love being a missionary!!!
This week has been SUPER miraculous! The greatest miracle was with Hermana Te_. I think I mentioned last week that we fasted with her on Sunday that she would receive an answer to know if she should be baptized on Saturday. We fasted, she fasted, and invited the assistants and the mission office elders to fast too (her daughter and Tonatiu live in their ward). On Thursday when we visited her she told us very definitively that she was not going to be baptized on Saturday. She told us she had fasted and prayed, but the Lord hadn't told her if she should be baptized yet. She said she had felt some things that could be her answer, but wanted something more specific. We tried to help her recognize the spirit, but she was decided.
We left a little discouraged. But a few hours later, a little bit after we got home we received a phone call from her daughter Pa_. We couldn't believe what she told us! "My mom wants to be baptized on Saturday!" Whaaaaaaat??? "Hermana Pa_, don't joke about that. We're a little sensitive right now." Haha we honestly didn't believe it at first, but it was true!! She told us that Te_ received a message that same day from a niece that she literally never ever talks to (haha in the words of Te_ isn't even very spiritual), it was a long message, religious thought type thing that talked all about the importance of baptism and basically said "be baptized!". Hermana Te_ says that in that moment she knew the Lord had answered her prayers and he was telling her in a very specific way she couldn't deny that she needed to be baptized. "God texted me" And so she [she was baptized]!
Pa_ was in Tapachula and wasn't going to get here until 10, so we were going to have the baptism at 10 Saturday night, but ended up changing it to Sunday morning before the church services. It was such a special experience seeing Te_ finally make a covenant with the Lord! She shared her testimony in gospel principles, and invited all of the investigators to be baptized! She said she felt something so beautiful that she'd like everyone to experience baptism! :)
I can 100% testify that fasting and praying works. If any of you are looking for the answer to any important question or decision don´t forget to turn to the Lord. He loves us and truly desires to help us, and his promise is that if we seek to know the truth and put in our part, he will answer us! As Alma experienced in Alma 5:45-46, it is truly only through fasting and prayer that we can come to know the truthfulness of all things. The answers are there, and if we are willing to show a little faith and rely on the Lord he will answer us in ways we never could have imagined.
Keep the commandments, read the Book of Mormon, learn Spanish :)
love,
Hermana Larsen
Comments
Post a Comment