He used to hide from the missionaries

Hola Familia!!

Ez, that sounds awesome about the [cub scout] Pack meeting! JJ, I used to lose a lot when I was on the track team, but I liked to think of it as a service to the other players so they could feel better :) Don't give up! All teams start out rough.

This week has been AWESOME! First off, General Conference is always the best!! I got to watch it in Español. One of my favorites was Elder Christofferson's about sanctification and sacrifice and becoming more Christlike (at least I think so, this is how you guys can test my Spanish, if he actually talked about that ;)) and maybe partially because Elder Christofferson speaks perfect Spanish and translates his own talks #rolemodel. I was listening to his talk and thinking "Wow, this translator has like literally the same voice! No wait, it's him!!" and I got really excited. I never thought before about what a blessing it is to speak English and get to hear the very words of our modern day prophets, their own voices! it's a privilege that much of the world doesn't have.

There was a definite focus on the Book of Mormon and following our modern day prophet. I hope you guys recognize the importance of the Book of Mormon in you personal conversion. It is truly the key. I love that phrase you mentioned that "God's fingerprints are all over the Book of Mormon", it's a phrase I didn't pick up listening in Spanish, but it is so true! It was such a special opportunity this weekend to listen to the voice of the Lord speak to us through his prophets.

Number one miracle this week was Ar_. Ar_ is an 18 (year old) friend of a member family in our ward that always gives super awesome references. He's know the missionaries for a while, but never showed a ton of interest, and Hermano Aram told us he used to hide from the missionaries before us hahaha! But we've been trying to meet for him for a while, and last Saturday we saw him at Hermano Aram's house. We went up to talk to them, and without saying anything more than hi to Ar_ he asks us out of the blue "What time is church tomorrow? I want to go". Whaaaat??? And so we told him, and the next day he went!!! And totally loved it!

He has a busy work schedule, so it's been hard to see him, but we invited him to the English classes I'm teaching on Tuesday, and even though it was pouring rain, he came! He was actually the only one who came haha, no one goes anywhere but the missionaries when it's rainy. After the class we took advantage of the fact that we were already in the church building to give him a tour. We left the baptismal room for last, and he started asking probably the best questions in the whole world "So what do I have to do to be a member?" "Be baptized" "and "What do I have to do to be baptized?" "Have the desire. Would you like to be baptized?" "Yes" all super casual!! And at that point Hermana Rivera and I started freaking out super excited :D Ar_ has passed for some hard experiences recently that have really prepared him for the gospel, and it's so awesome to see how much he loves everything we teach him about the church and the gospel! He'll be baptized on the 21st :)

Hermana Li_ has also been progressing a lot! She came to all of the general conference sessions this weekend, and in every session there was a talk that seemed to speak directly to her and her questions and doubts. She's still working towards receiving her answer, but has accepted a tentative baptismal date as well :) I am so grateful for the inspired messages of our leaders in the church that lead us!

Read the Book of Mormon, keep the commandments, and be happy :)

Hermana Larsen

Remains from the 8.2 earthquake

Rubble on the streets

La Escuela Mecanica Diesel y Gaolina



Hermanas hermosas!

Gimelas?

Ready to serve

Manos Mormonas!

Dispensos


What's the greatest creation of man?

Pizza!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism