Talking to everyone
Hola Familia!
Wow, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! I can't believe it already happened! It doesn't feel like November and even less Thanksgiving because it's not cold haha, but we celebrated our Turkey day a little bit in our last district meeting with brownies :) which is a super special treat for us gringos because down here no one has ovens and therefore no one uses ovens and therefore no one makes brownies, except my district leader in the church oven :)
Ez, my two companions names are Hermana Tlachi and Hermana Varela :). That's awesome - no school!! JJ, yikes! don't get any ideas from the guy who took a kayak over the falls!!! Mo, yeah, I was looking at the pictures and I was thinking, wow, why is everyone married or engaged? Thanksgiving was not like that two years ago when I was there! Maybe I was the bad luck charm and the reason that no one could get married. Jarrad, Rudy's gotta go. Cam, don't make wedding plans until I get home! Mom and Dad, sounds like a super fun week with all the family together!!
This week's been a good one! So right now we're no longer in a trio training, now I have another companion, Hermana Varela! Woohoo! She's from Baja California Sur and as far as we know we're going to be in a trio until transfers when Hermana Tlachi goes home :(. But it's really cool to be in a trio because we can do lots of divisions with the members and cover more area.
I think my favorite miracle from this week was teaching Ar_'s mom. Her name is Vi_ and she's super ready for the gospel! She lived above missionaries when she was younger and had a Book of Mormon before. I don't know if I've mentioned her before, we've been wanting to teach her for a long time, but she works a lot so a lot of time has passed in between each lesson. But this week we got to teach her again and it was super special. She reads with such commitment all of the pamphlets and Book of Mormon chapters we leave her and sometimes takes notes when we teach her. This week when we went to teach her we got to her house and asked her if she had read her pamphlet on the plan of salvation. She answered so excited that she did and she was so happy because she finally knew where she came from!
I've been learning a lot this week about the importance of opening my mouth and talking to everyone, the people that we pass in the street, the people we sit by in the convi, everyone. It's such a special opportunity to be able to share with people the gospel, the thing they need most in their lives, but don't know how much they need it. Sometimes I think of all of the missed opportunities from before the mission when I could have shared the gospel but didn't. I'm so grateful to have finally learned to open my mouth and would like to challenge you guys to do the same, to open your mouth with someone this week that you normally wouldn't. I know that if we show the Lord that we are striving to share the gospel he's going to give us the opportunities and we're going to see miracles!
Read the Book of Mormon! love you!
Hermana Larsen
Wow, Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! I can't believe it already happened! It doesn't feel like November and even less Thanksgiving because it's not cold haha, but we celebrated our Turkey day a little bit in our last district meeting with brownies :) which is a super special treat for us gringos because down here no one has ovens and therefore no one uses ovens and therefore no one makes brownies, except my district leader in the church oven :)
Ez, my two companions names are Hermana Tlachi and Hermana Varela :). That's awesome - no school!! JJ, yikes! don't get any ideas from the guy who took a kayak over the falls!!! Mo, yeah, I was looking at the pictures and I was thinking, wow, why is everyone married or engaged? Thanksgiving was not like that two years ago when I was there! Maybe I was the bad luck charm and the reason that no one could get married. Jarrad, Rudy's gotta go. Cam, don't make wedding plans until I get home! Mom and Dad, sounds like a super fun week with all the family together!!
This week's been a good one! So right now we're no longer in a trio training, now I have another companion, Hermana Varela! Woohoo! She's from Baja California Sur and as far as we know we're going to be in a trio until transfers when Hermana Tlachi goes home :(. But it's really cool to be in a trio because we can do lots of divisions with the members and cover more area.
I think my favorite miracle from this week was teaching Ar_'s mom. Her name is Vi_ and she's super ready for the gospel! She lived above missionaries when she was younger and had a Book of Mormon before. I don't know if I've mentioned her before, we've been wanting to teach her for a long time, but she works a lot so a lot of time has passed in between each lesson. But this week we got to teach her again and it was super special. She reads with such commitment all of the pamphlets and Book of Mormon chapters we leave her and sometimes takes notes when we teach her. This week when we went to teach her we got to her house and asked her if she had read her pamphlet on the plan of salvation. She answered so excited that she did and she was so happy because she finally knew where she came from!
I've been learning a lot this week about the importance of opening my mouth and talking to everyone, the people that we pass in the street, the people we sit by in the convi, everyone. It's such a special opportunity to be able to share with people the gospel, the thing they need most in their lives, but don't know how much they need it. Sometimes I think of all of the missed opportunities from before the mission when I could have shared the gospel but didn't. I'm so grateful to have finally learned to open my mouth and would like to challenge you guys to do the same, to open your mouth with someone this week that you normally wouldn't. I know that if we show the Lord that we are striving to share the gospel he's going to give us the opportunities and we're going to see miracles!
Read the Book of Mormon! love you!
Hermana Larsen
Comments
Post a Comment