Greater appreciation for the Lord's merciful plan
Hola Familia!
This week has been a busy one! I haven't even been in my area for most of it! This week we had our leadership counsel with President Doman in Tuxtla. It's nice that Tuxtla is only an hour away in bus! And they actually gave us permission to go to Tuxtla early on Monday and visit Hna Te_ (convert from previous area) and Pa_! And to celebrate To_'s birthday with them. It was so sweet to get to visit them! Hermana Ventura also knew them before because she taught To_'s dad and there were a couple of p-days when they invited us to eat at their house.
It turns out that Hna Te_'s brother is really sick and in the hospital. I'm not sure exactly what it is that he has, from what they described to me basically he has holes in his intestines and so food doesn't pass as it should. And right now it's very serious, he was going to have a surgery on Wednesday, but they weren't sure if he was going to make it. Pa_ expressed to us that she wanted us to visit him while we were there in Tuxtla, so we talked to the assistants [to the president] and they gave us permission to go to the hospital. We went and visited him and he was such a nice man! I honestly wasn't sure what we needed to say to him. He was very aware of the prospect of his situation, and knew that the most likely wasn't that he was going to make it.
We talked to him about the good news of the gospel and the great plan of salvation, that really there were two possibilities that his life could take and that if he lived he could be baptized and completely clean, or if not, then there is the vicarious work. He expressed to us his desire to be baptized and the comfort that he felt to know that both of the possibilities contained hope. I left with a much greater appreciation for the merciful plan that the Lord has for us! I'm so grateful that I have a knowledge of it and can share the good news with other people!
I also really enjoyed the leadership counsel! We talked a lot about goals and their importance as we start a new year. There's a quote in preach my gospel that I've always really liked by M. Russell Ballard that talks about how if in this life we don't learn how to master the principles of reaching our goals that we are going to age and realize we didn't reach our full potential in this life. This is a principle that I've been learning a lot in the misión with the constant goals that we set and strive to reach. And especially with my companion, she has an incredible knowledge of the scriptures and misión manuals because she has set goals to read every transfer. I would like to reach my full potential as a missionary in these last few months, and therefore have made a lot of goals. And I'd like to invite you all to set goals for this year and keep up with them! Because they're not worth anything if you forget them!
The Thursday to Friday we went on exchanges with the sisters from Huitepec and Friday to Saturday with the sisters from Jovel and I went to their áreas both times. So it was cool to go and work in different áreas and learn from the sisters! We've also been helping a lot of less active members with their family history work to motivate them to go on the ward temple trip at the end of the month.
Love what you had to say about divine design! The Lord truly has a plan and we are part of it! JJ, the struggle is real with early morning church. Jk, I wake up at 6:30 everyday, I no longer feel your pain ;) what a fun week! Jarrad, I'm down but only if they're in Spanish ;). hahaha ez, that is one exciting life! go webelos!!! hahaha Mo, the van is the best! Cam, yay wedding plans! And I'll stop calling your old number now then ;). haha Mom I really want to hear the primary kids sing this song!!! Dad, I'd also like to try your pollo y carne asados!
Don't forget the challenge! Love you guys!
Hermana Larsen
This week has been a busy one! I haven't even been in my area for most of it! This week we had our leadership counsel with President Doman in Tuxtla. It's nice that Tuxtla is only an hour away in bus! And they actually gave us permission to go to Tuxtla early on Monday and visit Hna Te_ (convert from previous area) and Pa_! And to celebrate To_'s birthday with them. It was so sweet to get to visit them! Hermana Ventura also knew them before because she taught To_'s dad and there were a couple of p-days when they invited us to eat at their house.
It turns out that Hna Te_'s brother is really sick and in the hospital. I'm not sure exactly what it is that he has, from what they described to me basically he has holes in his intestines and so food doesn't pass as it should. And right now it's very serious, he was going to have a surgery on Wednesday, but they weren't sure if he was going to make it. Pa_ expressed to us that she wanted us to visit him while we were there in Tuxtla, so we talked to the assistants [to the president] and they gave us permission to go to the hospital. We went and visited him and he was such a nice man! I honestly wasn't sure what we needed to say to him. He was very aware of the prospect of his situation, and knew that the most likely wasn't that he was going to make it.
We talked to him about the good news of the gospel and the great plan of salvation, that really there were two possibilities that his life could take and that if he lived he could be baptized and completely clean, or if not, then there is the vicarious work. He expressed to us his desire to be baptized and the comfort that he felt to know that both of the possibilities contained hope. I left with a much greater appreciation for the merciful plan that the Lord has for us! I'm so grateful that I have a knowledge of it and can share the good news with other people!
I also really enjoyed the leadership counsel! We talked a lot about goals and their importance as we start a new year. There's a quote in preach my gospel that I've always really liked by M. Russell Ballard that talks about how if in this life we don't learn how to master the principles of reaching our goals that we are going to age and realize we didn't reach our full potential in this life. This is a principle that I've been learning a lot in the misión with the constant goals that we set and strive to reach. And especially with my companion, she has an incredible knowledge of the scriptures and misión manuals because she has set goals to read every transfer. I would like to reach my full potential as a missionary in these last few months, and therefore have made a lot of goals. And I'd like to invite you all to set goals for this year and keep up with them! Because they're not worth anything if you forget them!
The Thursday to Friday we went on exchanges with the sisters from Huitepec and Friday to Saturday with the sisters from Jovel and I went to their áreas both times. So it was cool to go and work in different áreas and learn from the sisters! We've also been helping a lot of less active members with their family history work to motivate them to go on the ward temple trip at the end of the month.
Love what you had to say about divine design! The Lord truly has a plan and we are part of it! JJ, the struggle is real with early morning church. Jk, I wake up at 6:30 everyday, I no longer feel your pain ;) what a fun week! Jarrad, I'm down but only if they're in Spanish ;). hahaha ez, that is one exciting life! go webelos!!! hahaha Mo, the van is the best! Cam, yay wedding plans! And I'll stop calling your old number now then ;). haha Mom I really want to hear the primary kids sing this song!!! Dad, I'd also like to try your pollo y carne asados!
Don't forget the challenge! Love you guys!
Hermana Larsen
| Preaching to the dead?... |
| Hna Larsen with Hna Te_ |
| Ventura, Hna Te_ and Larsen |
| Now that's a birthday candle! |
Comments
Post a Comment