Sometimes His will is that we pass through painful experiences
Hola Familia!
Love your thoughts on faith! Sometimes it is truly so hard to accept the Lord's will and trust that his plan is better than our own always! Sometimes His will is that we pass through painful experiences and it's hard to see that they are for our benefit, but as you guys said, true faith is trusting in him and his promises, trusting in his will and ability to see beyond our vision.
This was a cool week because we had zone conference with President Doman on Friday. And it was really cool because on Thursday the assistants called us to tell us that in the afternoon President and Sister Doman were going to go out to visit with us! We decided to take them with a less active family of 6 (the same lady with which we made ojuelas) where we are teaching three in their family that aren't members. It was really special to have the president and his wife come with us, to learn from them and also see how much it touched the family that the mission president would come personally to visit them!
There's a branch temple trip this weekend and so we've been working a lot with less active members and recent converts who have never been to the temple to get excited about this trip and work with them on their family history so they can take names! We went to visit a less active family that also has a 12 year old recent convert named Al_ to help them go to the temple this weekend. Al_ and her mom Vi_ are incredible sweet! And they were telling about their conversions and mentioned that a little bit ago the missionaries in Tuxtla had been teaching Al_'s grandpa and that he loved their visits, but hadn't accept baptism and right now they're not visiting him anymore. The way that they talked about him sounded very familiar so I asked them his name, and guess what! It turns our Al_'s grandpa is Hermano Ed_ from Tuxtla! I don't know if you guys remember when I talked about when we visited him, but he's been one of my favorite investigators and I still have great hope that he will be baptized. They and I were so excited to realize this connection! I liked what you guys said about faith because it reminded me of him, he passed for an unexpected and unwanted experience losing his son recently, Al_'s dad, and he carries a grudge against God in his heart. I hope that one day we can help him understand the Lord's plan and have the faith to trust His will.
Wednesday morning we also went on exchanges with Ocosingo, and I got to go to Ocosingo with Hermana Cook! Ocosingo is the farthest area in our zone and it's almost a two and a half hour trip to get there. But it was really cool! Well, technically it was really hot, more like Tuxtla. And I loved being with Hermana Cook who is in her training, but already a super awesome missionary! The only downside is when we tried to come back to San Cris there was a bloceo (I don't know what it's called in English, but it's when people are mad at the government and don't have anything better to do so they block off the roads). So we got back later than expected haha.
Jarrad, yay! Girls! Let me know how it goes! Haha Cam, is your zumba class for fun or required? Mo, the struggle is real! Just go with cutest boy! JJ, your talk was awesome! I used to get really nervous before giving talks, but it gets easier every time! Ez, haha I'm glad that you get a day off of school!! Mom and Dad, sounds like it's been a rough week with health!! Haha yikes! But I hope things are getting better!
Keep going strong with the challenge! Les amo!
Hermana Larsen
Love your thoughts on faith! Sometimes it is truly so hard to accept the Lord's will and trust that his plan is better than our own always! Sometimes His will is that we pass through painful experiences and it's hard to see that they are for our benefit, but as you guys said, true faith is trusting in him and his promises, trusting in his will and ability to see beyond our vision.
This was a cool week because we had zone conference with President Doman on Friday. And it was really cool because on Thursday the assistants called us to tell us that in the afternoon President and Sister Doman were going to go out to visit with us! We decided to take them with a less active family of 6 (the same lady with which we made ojuelas) where we are teaching three in their family that aren't members. It was really special to have the president and his wife come with us, to learn from them and also see how much it touched the family that the mission president would come personally to visit them!
There's a branch temple trip this weekend and so we've been working a lot with less active members and recent converts who have never been to the temple to get excited about this trip and work with them on their family history so they can take names! We went to visit a less active family that also has a 12 year old recent convert named Al_ to help them go to the temple this weekend. Al_ and her mom Vi_ are incredible sweet! And they were telling about their conversions and mentioned that a little bit ago the missionaries in Tuxtla had been teaching Al_'s grandpa and that he loved their visits, but hadn't accept baptism and right now they're not visiting him anymore. The way that they talked about him sounded very familiar so I asked them his name, and guess what! It turns our Al_'s grandpa is Hermano Ed_ from Tuxtla! I don't know if you guys remember when I talked about when we visited him, but he's been one of my favorite investigators and I still have great hope that he will be baptized. They and I were so excited to realize this connection! I liked what you guys said about faith because it reminded me of him, he passed for an unexpected and unwanted experience losing his son recently, Al_'s dad, and he carries a grudge against God in his heart. I hope that one day we can help him understand the Lord's plan and have the faith to trust His will.
Wednesday morning we also went on exchanges with Ocosingo, and I got to go to Ocosingo with Hermana Cook! Ocosingo is the farthest area in our zone and it's almost a two and a half hour trip to get there. But it was really cool! Well, technically it was really hot, more like Tuxtla. And I loved being with Hermana Cook who is in her training, but already a super awesome missionary! The only downside is when we tried to come back to San Cris there was a bloceo (I don't know what it's called in English, but it's when people are mad at the government and don't have anything better to do so they block off the roads). So we got back later than expected haha.
Jarrad, yay! Girls! Let me know how it goes! Haha Cam, is your zumba class for fun or required? Mo, the struggle is real! Just go with cutest boy! JJ, your talk was awesome! I used to get really nervous before giving talks, but it gets easier every time! Ez, haha I'm glad that you get a day off of school!! Mom and Dad, sounds like it's been a rough week with health!! Haha yikes! But I hope things are getting better!
Keep going strong with the challenge! Les amo!
Hermana Larsen
Comments
Post a Comment