Every single day we've met a new super awesome investigator!
Hola familia!!!
It's been another awesome week in Comitán! But seriously, I love it! Literally every single day this week we've met a new super awesome investigator! Just to tell you about a few of them:
We started teaching the mom of a 10 year old boy named Al_ who got baptized just a couple of weeks ago. Her name is Ma_ and she has had lots of special experiences since she came in contact with the missionaries and started going to church a couple of months ago. She loves the church and never misses a Sunday! She receives revelation through dreams and the first time she went to church she saw a picture of Christ that she had actually dreamed about when she was 8 years old. She has had lots of special witnesses and wants to be baptized, but feels that she needs a stronger sign from God that he wants her to be baptized specifically at this time. We're trying to help her recognize the confirmations that she has already received so she can keep progressing in the gospel :)
We're still working a lot with Lu_, who is still golden! We meet her normally in a park by her house, but there has been some opposition this week because her brother doesn't believe that when she leaves the house to meet with us that she's meeting with missionaries to talk about the gospel and doesn't always give her permission to leave, but he also hasn't accepted our offer to meet him. Any prayers for Lu_ would be much appreciated!
Like I said in the first paragraph, every day we've met someone super choice and I think I've gotten a little bit too used to all of the miracles we're seeing. Yesterday some of our appointments fell through and we were walking to an investigators house, it was about 7 o'clock and I was feeling a little bit sad because I felt like we hadn't seen a real miracle that day. Precisely in that moment a 15 year old boy stopped us and asked if we were the Mormon missionaries. It turns out that he's a recent convert named Jo_ that recently moved and his mom had been sick so they hadn't gone to church in a while and so no one from the branch had been able to find him and his family! He and his little sister are members, and their mom is a super great and super interest investigator! And they're such a funny family!
I'm so grateful for a heavenly father that is in every detail of our lives and gives us tender mercies, or what I see as miracles! I quickly repented for losing faith even for a minute that we weren't going to see a miracle in that day, because if we look for the Lord's influence in our lives it is so plainly there! Sometimes we can see a lot of things as coincidences, but I know and hope you guys know that it's all part of a divine design!
I'm so glad you got in contact with Hermana Barron's parents! Haha she told me that too that they had seen the pictures you guys post on Facebook before the mission and was sad that she wasn't going to be able to see the pictures anymore until she found out that we're comps haha! Ez, go Ez! That's what I like to hear about exercise! good mission prep! Mo, your dilemma should not be happening, go with _! JJ, haha I wonder if we can share shoes when I get back! Cami, I want to see Patch's suit! that's almost as important as the dress! Jar, that looks so fun in Saint George!
Les amo!
Hermana Larsen
It's been another awesome week in Comitán! But seriously, I love it! Literally every single day this week we've met a new super awesome investigator! Just to tell you about a few of them:
We started teaching the mom of a 10 year old boy named Al_ who got baptized just a couple of weeks ago. Her name is Ma_ and she has had lots of special experiences since she came in contact with the missionaries and started going to church a couple of months ago. She loves the church and never misses a Sunday! She receives revelation through dreams and the first time she went to church she saw a picture of Christ that she had actually dreamed about when she was 8 years old. She has had lots of special witnesses and wants to be baptized, but feels that she needs a stronger sign from God that he wants her to be baptized specifically at this time. We're trying to help her recognize the confirmations that she has already received so she can keep progressing in the gospel :)
We're still working a lot with Lu_, who is still golden! We meet her normally in a park by her house, but there has been some opposition this week because her brother doesn't believe that when she leaves the house to meet with us that she's meeting with missionaries to talk about the gospel and doesn't always give her permission to leave, but he also hasn't accepted our offer to meet him. Any prayers for Lu_ would be much appreciated!
Like I said in the first paragraph, every day we've met someone super choice and I think I've gotten a little bit too used to all of the miracles we're seeing. Yesterday some of our appointments fell through and we were walking to an investigators house, it was about 7 o'clock and I was feeling a little bit sad because I felt like we hadn't seen a real miracle that day. Precisely in that moment a 15 year old boy stopped us and asked if we were the Mormon missionaries. It turns out that he's a recent convert named Jo_ that recently moved and his mom had been sick so they hadn't gone to church in a while and so no one from the branch had been able to find him and his family! He and his little sister are members, and their mom is a super great and super interest investigator! And they're such a funny family!
I'm so grateful for a heavenly father that is in every detail of our lives and gives us tender mercies, or what I see as miracles! I quickly repented for losing faith even for a minute that we weren't going to see a miracle in that day, because if we look for the Lord's influence in our lives it is so plainly there! Sometimes we can see a lot of things as coincidences, but I know and hope you guys know that it's all part of a divine design!
I'm so glad you got in contact with Hermana Barron's parents! Haha she told me that too that they had seen the pictures you guys post on Facebook before the mission and was sad that she wasn't going to be able to see the pictures anymore until she found out that we're comps haha! Ez, go Ez! That's what I like to hear about exercise! good mission prep! Mo, your dilemma should not be happening, go with _! JJ, haha I wonder if we can share shoes when I get back! Cami, I want to see Patch's suit! that's almost as important as the dress! Jar, that looks so fun in Saint George!
Hermana Larsen
Comments
Post a Comment