Semana Santa - everyone's either going on vacation or has already left :(

Hola Familia!

Thanks for your thoughts on Easter, it's such a special time to remember what Christ did for us! Ez, you played super smash bros with T_?? Was Mo jealous?? JJ, sounds like an awesome week! That's my winner brother! Mo, sometimes I wish my curfew was earlier, I like to sleep! Jar, haha that's too cute about Maddi's nephews! So what do you tell them? Cam and Patch, could you live funner lives?? haha jk, but not really. Dad! happy birthday!!!!! almost!!! haha why do make yourself suffer the cold?? Mom, I want to cry just reading that :,(

We were able to work with Hermana Ma_ this week, and through her personal persistence in finding her answer this week through prayer about whether or not she should be baptized, her answer came! She's decided with all surety that she's going to be baptized! The special thing about Ma_ is she is very spiritually mature. She recognizes that there are a few things in her life she needs and wants to put in order to be fully ready to take another step forward and wants time to be able to repair some family relationships, and she needs to get married. She decided that she can be ready for April 27th, which is also her birthday! The sad thing is I already know that I won't be here, but the important thing is Ma_ is going to make a covenant with her heavenly father!

We've also started working with a less active member whose family aren't members. Her name is Al_, and we've been working with her 9 year old son a lot this week named An_. I love teaching children because they are so receptive to the truth. An_ wholeheartedly accepts all of the principles that we teach him. When we taught him about baptism and asked him if he wanted to be baptized he was like "well, it's what I have to do, no?", and we were like "well, yeah" hahaha, his mom has wanted him to be baptized for a while, so when they come back from vacations we'll have the service :)

This week and next week are Semana Santa, which is like Easter/spring break here, so that's actually impeded us a lot because everyone's either going on vacation or has already left :(.

This week we also had the stake president, President Gutierrez, go out and visit with us, and it was awesome! He went with us to visit a new and very promising investigator named Da_. I don't know if I told you guys about Da_ last week, but she's a 23 year old single mom with a 7 year old son named Ke_. And she's super golden! Her family on her dad's side are actually members, but they're a lot older than her and she hardly ever sees them, but her older sister actually served a mission. She's super receptive, and Presidente Gutierrez being with us actually helped a TON, he gave a powerful testimony that really peaked her interest in the Book of Mormon.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers! les amo!

Hermana Larsen




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Un Otro Fantastic Semana