Read the Book of Mormon to fight false traditions!

Hola familia!

Loved reading about your week! Haha and want to wish a happy "un-birthday" to grandma!! Haha and go Ezra for reminding Dad to share his testimony! And in the pinewood derby! you're on a roll!!! JJ, try writing a poem in Spanish :/ haha jk sounds like fun video juegos!! Mo, wow, you're sounding pretty adult with all your jobs and tests and making food! Jar, haha I'll have to take your word for it because there's no snow here! Cami, when are you getting your engagement pics? Awww and that's awesome! I want Bishop Meyer to officiate too!!! Dad, I knew you would win them over with your accountant brains!! And Mom, I'm sure you look beautiful with your greys! ;)

It's been a busy but awesome week! We started it out with my last leadership counsel, that's weird to say! So Monday and Tuesday we were in Tuxtla again! We had a great meeting and set some awesome goals for March. Really excited for this month! And as you guys already know, thanks to your excellent stalking skills, on Friday President Doman took us to the Tonina ruins! (but I will take credit for the idea ;)) It was legiiiiit!!!!!

It was like a two hour drive to get there, so with all the driving and then climbing the pyramid we spent the whole day there. It was really incredible to see these ruins! They were built about 500-900 AD, so just a couple hundred years after when the Book of Mormon was written. For me a lot of the things we saw there testified of what the Book of Mormon teaches us, about how the Lamanites turned into a very blood thirsty people, a lot of evidence of gruesome sacrifices. We saw some crazy skulls that had been deformed. These people would deform their heads to look like beans. Literally that was the intention, to look more like beans. I mean, I like beans a lot too, but I don't think I'd like to look like one... on the other hand, pizza I might do ;)

I love getting to see things like those pyramids, because it reminds me that I'm really sharing the gospel with the descendants of these people, of the Lamanites, to whom the Book of Mormon was written! It strengthens my testimony of the importance of making the truth known, helping people not to fall back into horrible traditions (not that I think they would go as far as sacrifices, but there are actually still some interesting remaining Mayan traditions in Los Altos). I've been reading a lot this week in Alma about the wars between the Nephites and Lamanites and how many were wicked because of the false traditions of their fathers. I'm so grateful that I could be raised in the truth because it has saved me from so many unfavorable situations, and the more time I spend in the mission the more my desire to help everyone understand the true traditions that will bring us happiness increases. Don't be afraid to teach your friends true traditions!

On the way back we rode with the Doman's in their car (soooo much more comfortable than the bus we went in where I'm pretty sure we fit in there double the person capacity) and supposedly the super winding road from San Cris to Ococingo has the most speed bumps in that distance than any other road in all of Chiapas. We wanted to be sure so we passed the time counting speed bumps (topes) and got to 300 something hahaha. Good times!

One of the awesome miracles that we saw this week was with our investigator Ju_, that's the sister that Hermana Behymer and Hermana Valencia contacted last week. We had an appointment with her on Thursday, but she forgot about it and didn't show up. She doesn't have a phone and we don't know which house is hers, so we had no way to go from there to communicate with her. But on Saturday we felt like we should walk a street we've never been down before, and there we found Ju_ and were able to set up another appointment! The Lord keeps putting her in our path, and I don't think it's by accident!

JJ, here's this week's Spanish fail :), but it's not mine! Hermana Behymer often confuses coche (an uncommon word for car) and cochi (pig). The other day we were walking by a nice car, I don't remember exactly what she said to me, but it was something along the lines of "look at that sweet pig!" and I was like "what??? where???" all excited to see a sweet pig! Until we realized there had been some confusion.... hahahaha!

So, your calculations are correct, it's transfers week! And the American companionship....drum roll..... didn't make it through :( instead we are both going to be training our last transfer!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! I'm going to be opening an area in Comitan with my brand shiny new companion daughter!!!! Tonight we'll be going to Tuxtla and tomorrow picking up our children!!! I'm super excited for this transfer, but also sad to say goodbye to all the good people here in San Cristobal. I've really enjoyed this area and will miss it. But I know all is in the Lord's hands and part of his plan!

Love you guys un buen! And don't forget to read the Book of Mormon to fight false traditions!

Hermana Larsen






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Un Otro Fantastic Semana