I'm hungry for Thursday

Hola Familia!

Wow! Looks like you guys had a wet week! I had a wet week too, but not in the same way. And no, unfortunately it wasn't baptism water ;) To answer your question, I always carry my umbrella. It's only rained twice, but it's super sporadic when it happens! So, better safe than sorry!

Hermana Larsen

And in reference to our wet week, our house has been having some major issues. This isn't new, there's always a shortage of water here in Chiapas and often our water will just turn off. We have turn on a machine to pump water when that happens. We have new neighbors and when we were gone they turned on the machine to pump water, but they just left it on. They didn't turn it off once the water came and so we came home to a flooded back porch! And now when we turn on any faucet, chunks of nasty, green who knows what comes out with the water. Perfect for showers!

I'm feeling much better this week! I was basically just sick on Monday. Which is a bad day to be sick because we had no food and dirty close all week. I've actually learned that as a missionary there aren't good days to be sick!

I'm so proud of how often you bear your testimony, Ez! Haha that's awesome JJ, I hope you get all of your signatures! Wow, I never thought the day would come Moana finished her Drivers Ed! Advise: study so you don't have to take the exam again like I did ;) Yay school, Jarrad! ok, Cam, are you official or what? No one's told me and you always say something about him! Mom and Dad, you are sure to be rich shortly from what I remember about our house and lights and fans! Haha I'm curious to hear too about what makes you miserable, Mom!

It's kind of surreal that I've been here a whole transfer, it doesn't feel like it. It felt faster than the MTC. I've definitely already grown a lot! Some times I feel like I'm not progressing at all because it just happens so slowly. But when I compare myself to that first day when I couldn't understand anything, I've grown a lot! I can definitely understand and speak a TON more Spanish. I'm still waiting for fluency to come, but I can hold my own in a conversation. I think I've also learned a lot about what hard work really means.

Lu_ and Lu_ went to church this week! Suuuuper good! In order to be baptized our investigators have to go to church 5 times. We also found this really really good family this week! Their son, Cr_, was in our Antiguo Investigadores folder and was taught by the missionaries in March until his parents asked them not to come anymore. He already has a testimony of the Gospel! His family is suuuuper Catholic, and we weren't expecting them to be very receptive when we went to contact them, but they're super nice! They were really respectful to us and we're hoping to teach them as well. High hopes for this family! Cr_ is 14 years old, but he already has an immense scriptural knowledge! He is studying to be something Catholic that I don't understand. He expressed to us that he doesn't want to "play with religion" and if he gets baptized it won't be until after he finishes his studies. We've only taught him once, but please pray for him to understand the importance of baptism and that it's not worth waiting [until his studies are done]!

Spanish fail this week: Jueves (Thursday) vs. huevos (eggs). I just can't get the difference down! I tell Hermana Marrero I'm hungry for Thursday all the time!

I hope you guys have a fantastic week!

Mucho mucho amor!

Hermana Larsen

Agua dripping from the pipes...

Ague filling the porch...

From the porch

Hermanas bonitas!

Another view from the porch

Feliz!

Streets of Tuxtla

Una arana

Pan frito negro es muy sabroso

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Una Semana Fantastica

Requirements for baptism