Hola familia!
The packages have finally been received! Christmas is real!! Thank you so much for everything you sent! Hermana Marerro plays with her yoyo every night during daily planning when she needs a stress break, and we wear our Chico shirts and kitty socks to bed! I'm honestly obsessed with the kitty socks and stickers! I didn't think I would be as excited about the stickers as I am! And the calendar is awesome! Soo nice to have! And even though Christmas has already passed we put the lights up in our room. I'll have to send pics next week! And I've already eaten all of the candy :)
Haha I won't tell you to contact the future mission president Dad, but if you do you're not Hermana Larsen's dad, maybe you can say you're Hermana Burton's ;) and yes! your stalking is correct! I bought a uke this week! Thanks for sending me the hymn chords! I'm teaching Hermana Marrero and she loves it!
Wow, looks like you guys had an awesome time at the BYU game! Haha that's sweet you got so many signatures JJ and Ez! Mo, good job on the lesson! now try it in Spanish ;) congrats, Jar!! I'm glad you're finally anxiously engaged in a good cause ;) don't worry, Cam, I'm enjoying it for the both of us! Yay Dad!!! I'm so happy that you're hard year is finally coming to an end! Love you, Mom!
I think my body has really adjusted to all the walking. My feet don't swell anymore, and I can stand in the same place for hours! (which is good because sometimes we have too..) I still don't necessarily enjoy all the walking, but I can do it! I think the worst part is just lugging around scriptures and pamphlets and water and everything we need to be missionaries. On P day when we don't have to carry around anything I feel like I'm floating! I dream of not having to carry a bag! And about the slacks, as far as I know our only guidelines are we can't wear them to events like church or baptisms. But other than that if we want to wear slacks one day, we wear slacks!
 |
| Proof that sister missionaries can wear pants in Mexico! |
Thanks for all of your prayers for our investigators! Prayer truly brings miracles. This week we were only able to see Cr_ once. We're teaching him about how he can find the answer to any question in the scriptures, specifically the Book of Mormon. His main concerns right now are if God is loving, why are there wars? Why does He bring and allow destruction to occur? I won't tell you how we responded, but I'd love to hear what you guys think :)
We also found a gooooolden investigator!! Her name is Xa_ and she was referred to us by a member. She's only 17 and reaaally pregnant, but she's very mature and intelligent. She understands the doctrine really quickly and really actively participates in the lessons and follows through with all her commitments! She went to church yesterday and loved it! She's going to be baptized on Feb 18th and we're really excited for her!
Well this week I completed
Cumplemes Tres! That's what all the pictures I've sent with us and paper have been :)
Cumplemes celebrations! I've learned a lot in the last three months, but I'm so glad missions aren't just three months because one of the things I've learned is how to recognize how much I lack, and I need a good eternity to learn all I lack! Sometimes I think it's too much, I'll never improve, I've been here three months and I still only know this much. But I've really grown and changed a lot since coming out here.
A scripture I really like that has helped me a lot is
1 Nephi 2:16. It reminds me that Nephi wasn't born perfect. He wasn't born with perfect knowledge, faith, and testimony. It was something he had to work for. Nephi had to grow to be the incredible man that he was little by little, we all start with nothing. And it's never too late to start, you're never to old or too far behind. Right now we're teaching an 82 year old man!
Hope you guys have an amazing week!
Mucho amor
Hermana Larsen
 |
| Bowl of pozol |
 |
| Companeras |
 |
| Marrero, Larsen and a young woman in Tuxtla |
 |
| "Streets" of Tuxtla |
 |
| Un Gallo |
 |
| La Hermana bonita |
 |
| Found a kitty to hold! |
 |
| Feliz Cumplemes! |
 |
| Christmas finally came! |
 |
| For Marrero too! |
 |
| Some Chico things |
 |
| What happened to the makeup we sent? |
 |
| Last package arrived! |
Comments
Post a Comment