Me and food aren't really on speaking terms right now
Hola Familia!
This year's off to a rough start... Hermana Marrero and I both woke up throwing up this morning... but I won't give you the gory details :) We ate sooooo much this weekend! Ugh, I don't even want to think about it, but I will for posterity's sake. On Saturday there was confusion about who we were going to have the comida with so we went to a member's house who offered. But afterwards we got a call from the real family we were supposed to eat with worried because we hadn't shown up yet. So we ran across town to their casa and had a second meal. These people don't have a lot so when they make you food, you eat it!
Before this weekend I didn't believe you could really eat yourself sick. Unfortunately I am here to testify that you can. I was miserable afterwards! I thought Hermana Marrero was going to have to roll me back to the house! And even more unfortunately, the eating wasn't over. We visited a member and his inactive son, and they invited us to eat dinner with them afterwards. Fortunately their dinners are actual meals! But it was torturous nevertheless. And then we were invited to a New Years Eve Cena! Moral of the story, I didn't think I'd ever be hungry again. And almost the same thing happened yesterday minus the second comida! And then waking up with some kind of flu. Second moral of the story, me and food aren't really on speaking terms right now.
There were some fireworks, but not a ton that we saw. Most of them were little kids playing with different kinds of fire toys on the streets. Safety first here in Tuxtla ;) But on the bright side, my hand's almost all the way healed! We saw a doctor and he says I'm going to live, but only time will tell. Don't worry, Mom, after all your hard work keeping my hands scar-free I don't think there will be any leftover marks!
I`m pretty sure me and Hermana Marrero will stay together this transfer just because I still have 6 more weeks of training. But we are going to be losing one of our areas, some other missionaries will either be assigned to Aguilas or Reforma. We like both of them so it's kind of sad to loose an area, but I'm also ready to lose a little of the walking distance!
The work all together was a little slow this week, a lot of people left town or were at parties when we tried to visit them. Though I do think the Christmas season helped with contacting. Having the Illuminate the World cards was a good way to talk to people and invite them to check out mormon.org. Lup_ is really progressing, she has real desires to change. Lui_ is struggling to keep his commitments, but we're hoping this week will be better. No one went to church on Sunday so all of their baptismal dates fell through. I think our sacrament meeting count was at 50 and we normally have 125!
That's awesome, Ezra and JJ! Sounds like you had a sweet Christmas! You know, I had a little girl very excited that my sister's name is Moana like the princess. Sounds like hunting went rough! But don't worry, I`ll be back soon enough to show you how it's done, Jarrad ;) Yaay Cami! I couldn't have fit that pie in my stomach, so thank you!
New Years is really good time to set goals for yourself! I encourage you all to make a plan for the things you want to improve this year. But the great thing about the Gospel is you don't have to wait for a new year to improve and make plans to be better! Every day is a fresh start, every week with the Sacrament!
Love you guys mucho mucho! hope you have a great week!
Hermana Larsen
This year's off to a rough start... Hermana Marrero and I both woke up throwing up this morning... but I won't give you the gory details :) We ate sooooo much this weekend! Ugh, I don't even want to think about it, but I will for posterity's sake. On Saturday there was confusion about who we were going to have the comida with so we went to a member's house who offered. But afterwards we got a call from the real family we were supposed to eat with worried because we hadn't shown up yet. So we ran across town to their casa and had a second meal. These people don't have a lot so when they make you food, you eat it!
Before this weekend I didn't believe you could really eat yourself sick. Unfortunately I am here to testify that you can. I was miserable afterwards! I thought Hermana Marrero was going to have to roll me back to the house! And even more unfortunately, the eating wasn't over. We visited a member and his inactive son, and they invited us to eat dinner with them afterwards. Fortunately their dinners are actual meals! But it was torturous nevertheless. And then we were invited to a New Years Eve Cena! Moral of the story, I didn't think I'd ever be hungry again. And almost the same thing happened yesterday minus the second comida! And then waking up with some kind of flu. Second moral of the story, me and food aren't really on speaking terms right now.
![]() |
| Hermana Larsen, and hey, is that a perro in the background? |
There were some fireworks, but not a ton that we saw. Most of them were little kids playing with different kinds of fire toys on the streets. Safety first here in Tuxtla ;) But on the bright side, my hand's almost all the way healed! We saw a doctor and he says I'm going to live, but only time will tell. Don't worry, Mom, after all your hard work keeping my hands scar-free I don't think there will be any leftover marks!
I`m pretty sure me and Hermana Marrero will stay together this transfer just because I still have 6 more weeks of training. But we are going to be losing one of our areas, some other missionaries will either be assigned to Aguilas or Reforma. We like both of them so it's kind of sad to loose an area, but I'm also ready to lose a little of the walking distance!
The work all together was a little slow this week, a lot of people left town or were at parties when we tried to visit them. Though I do think the Christmas season helped with contacting. Having the Illuminate the World cards was a good way to talk to people and invite them to check out mormon.org. Lup_ is really progressing, she has real desires to change. Lui_ is struggling to keep his commitments, but we're hoping this week will be better. No one went to church on Sunday so all of their baptismal dates fell through. I think our sacrament meeting count was at 50 and we normally have 125!
That's awesome, Ezra and JJ! Sounds like you had a sweet Christmas! You know, I had a little girl very excited that my sister's name is Moana like the princess. Sounds like hunting went rough! But don't worry, I`ll be back soon enough to show you how it's done, Jarrad ;) Yaay Cami! I couldn't have fit that pie in my stomach, so thank you!
New Years is really good time to set goals for yourself! I encourage you all to make a plan for the things you want to improve this year. But the great thing about the Gospel is you don't have to wait for a new year to improve and make plans to be better! Every day is a fresh start, every week with the Sacrament!
Love you guys mucho mucho! hope you have a great week!
Hermana Larsen
![]() |
| Chicken feet for dinner - yum! |
![]() |
| Marrero esta inferma? |
![]() |
| Hermana Larsen |
![]() |
| Tuxtla flora |
![]() |
| Look closely... |
![]() |
| That is El Glorioso Christo de Chiapas! |
![]() |
| Feliz! |
![]() |
| Hermanas on the town! |









Ksysie, you are beautiful in red! I love your letters. I always think of you on letter days and wonder what you'll say.
ReplyDeleteIsn't Kaysie the best letter writer! Thanks for keeping her in your prayers!
Delete