Wearing pants for the first time
Hola familia!
Wow, feliz cumpleaños, Abuelito (happy birthday, Grampa)! I'll definitely have to learn how to say farmer and handshake so I can teach the farmer's handshake in his honor ;)
To answer your question about the water, it didn't get in our house, but I don't know that it would really make a difference if it did. Haha we just have tile. No one has carpet here! In every house it's just tile or concrete. I really miss carpet. Like I can live with our only furniture being a broken chair, but I dream of being able to walk around our apartment without shoes on. Do you guys think you could send me a little square of carpet or something? ;) And no, we opted not to shower until someone came to fix our green, chunky water, and we were desperate at that point!
This transfer thus far has been a million times better than the last! There are finally different missionaries in Reforma! To be honest, we loved Reforma, it's a super organized and put together ward that helped us a lot! But our area was way too big to really be effective. We literally had 4 area books because at one point there were two sets of missionaries in the two wards. Now we only have two [area books] :) I also dream of just having one area book.
We have a zone meeting on Wednesday or Friday this week, so I should get the packages this week! Yaaay!
I'm sorry you're sick, Ez! My companion is anxious to hear how the story ends with the lego you ate. hahaha! JJ, nooooooooooo! You're not allowed to have feet as big as mine! Don't you remember the contract you signed before I left?? Mo, I never thought the day would come you'd take your permit test! I'm counting my blessings I'm in Mexican traffic and not on Chico roads today ;) Jarrad, don't worry, you can come live in Tuxtla! There's a bunch of hippies that I'm sure would be happy to take you in if you bring your ukulele! Cam, I hope next week is more exciting ;) Mom, I'm sorry you're allergic to so many things! But grateful Kate's not one of them ;) Yikes, Dad! Still working so much? I hope this week is lighter, you need a break!
JJ, this week's Spanish fail was a good one because only me and Hermana Marrero know it happened. We have a new investigator named Ke_ and he's a Lawyer. The word for Lawyer in Spanish is abogado, and v´s and b´s are pronounced the same. I accidentally asked him about his work as an avocado. Fortunately the word for avocado in Spanish is aguacate, so he didn't know I called him a fruit.
This week we unfortunately weren't able to visit Cr_, but I appreciate your prayers! I'll be sure to let him know what Bishop Meyer said this week, hahaha! Like I was saying earlier, this transfer has been sooo much better! Without the extra ward it's so much less stressful to plan, we spend so much less time doing the missionary star (the missionary star is when you have one appointment at the top of your area, and the next way at the bottom, and the next way to the right, and so on) and can visit a lot more people in a day.
We had fun this week wearing pants for the first time. The whole day members asked us why we were wearing slacks, hahaha! We told them it's a new rule and that next week we're going to be able to wear ties and eventually receive the priesthood ;) Hahaha they definitely thought they had apostate sister missionaries on their hands!
Lu_ and Lu_ were sick unfortunately this week so they couldn't make it to church. Right now we are teaching three couples, one of them being Lu_ and Lu_, and none of the couples are married! The other two have 30 plus years together! So our goal right now is to have three weddings in the next month :) I think that's one of the hardest obstacles for baptism we have here, is getting people married.
One sweet experience we had is went went to go visit a really old man from our ward. Well, we passed his house one night when he was sitting outside. We went up to his gate to talk to him, but he didn't recognize us in the dark or see our name tags. He introduced himself first thing as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I hope all of you can have that kind of confidence, to be unashamed of the truths you know. He thought we were strangers on the street and still the first thing he wanted us to know is that he knows the truth of the Restored Gospel.
Hope you guys have a wonderful week!
Mucho amor,
Hermana Larsen
Wow, feliz cumpleaños, Abuelito (happy birthday, Grampa)! I'll definitely have to learn how to say farmer and handshake so I can teach the farmer's handshake in his honor ;)
To answer your question about the water, it didn't get in our house, but I don't know that it would really make a difference if it did. Haha we just have tile. No one has carpet here! In every house it's just tile or concrete. I really miss carpet. Like I can live with our only furniture being a broken chair, but I dream of being able to walk around our apartment without shoes on. Do you guys think you could send me a little square of carpet or something? ;) And no, we opted not to shower until someone came to fix our green, chunky water, and we were desperate at that point!
This transfer thus far has been a million times better than the last! There are finally different missionaries in Reforma! To be honest, we loved Reforma, it's a super organized and put together ward that helped us a lot! But our area was way too big to really be effective. We literally had 4 area books because at one point there were two sets of missionaries in the two wards. Now we only have two [area books] :) I also dream of just having one area book.
We have a zone meeting on Wednesday or Friday this week, so I should get the packages this week! Yaaay!
I'm sorry you're sick, Ez! My companion is anxious to hear how the story ends with the lego you ate. hahaha! JJ, nooooooooooo! You're not allowed to have feet as big as mine! Don't you remember the contract you signed before I left?? Mo, I never thought the day would come you'd take your permit test! I'm counting my blessings I'm in Mexican traffic and not on Chico roads today ;) Jarrad, don't worry, you can come live in Tuxtla! There's a bunch of hippies that I'm sure would be happy to take you in if you bring your ukulele! Cam, I hope next week is more exciting ;) Mom, I'm sorry you're allergic to so many things! But grateful Kate's not one of them ;) Yikes, Dad! Still working so much? I hope this week is lighter, you need a break!
JJ, this week's Spanish fail was a good one because only me and Hermana Marrero know it happened. We have a new investigator named Ke_ and he's a Lawyer. The word for Lawyer in Spanish is abogado, and v´s and b´s are pronounced the same. I accidentally asked him about his work as an avocado. Fortunately the word for avocado in Spanish is aguacate, so he didn't know I called him a fruit.
This week we unfortunately weren't able to visit Cr_, but I appreciate your prayers! I'll be sure to let him know what Bishop Meyer said this week, hahaha! Like I was saying earlier, this transfer has been sooo much better! Without the extra ward it's so much less stressful to plan, we spend so much less time doing the missionary star (the missionary star is when you have one appointment at the top of your area, and the next way at the bottom, and the next way to the right, and so on) and can visit a lot more people in a day.
We had fun this week wearing pants for the first time. The whole day members asked us why we were wearing slacks, hahaha! We told them it's a new rule and that next week we're going to be able to wear ties and eventually receive the priesthood ;) Hahaha they definitely thought they had apostate sister missionaries on their hands!
Lu_ and Lu_ were sick unfortunately this week so they couldn't make it to church. Right now we are teaching three couples, one of them being Lu_ and Lu_, and none of the couples are married! The other two have 30 plus years together! So our goal right now is to have three weddings in the next month :) I think that's one of the hardest obstacles for baptism we have here, is getting people married.
One sweet experience we had is went went to go visit a really old man from our ward. Well, we passed his house one night when he was sitting outside. We went up to his gate to talk to him, but he didn't recognize us in the dark or see our name tags. He introduced himself first thing as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I hope all of you can have that kind of confidence, to be unashamed of the truths you know. He thought we were strangers on the street and still the first thing he wanted us to know is that he knows the truth of the Restored Gospel.
Hope you guys have a wonderful week!
Mucho amor,
Hermana Larsen

Kaysie, I always enjoy reading your letters! This Sunday was Emma's Farewell, so a lot of both James' and Alicia's families were in their ward, as well as the Carr's and Wagner's (minus Bishop). Stay well and keep doing good work!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Betty Dimmitt