I feel like the Hulk
Hola familia!
Hahahaha I love these conversations you sent! Glad to hear you guys had such a fun week house hunting! And honestly I just want the house to have a washing machine :)
Wow, lots to tell about the last two weeks! I'll start by saying I've sweat more here in Tapachula than I knew that I could! It's soooo hot and soooo humid here!!! But it's also absolutely beautiful!! Everything is super green, and there's fruit growing EVERYWHERE! It's awesome! We're always eating starfruit and mangos straight from the trees, along with a million other types of fruit I couldn't name. And I'm convinced that the tree of life was filled with mangos de piña. Sooo good! Like I told you guys last week, our area is mostly city with a portion of literal jungle that we have to get to on super sketchy bridges. But the fruit is everywhere :)
Unfortunately, yes, there are more mosquitoes here. They even have a special name for these mosquitos - ancudos. They can draw blood from their bites so that's fun :). We definitely sleep with the mosquito nets here! I practically bathe in repellent every morning, but we're still getting eaten alive. Pray that I'll come home with all of my limbs unconsumed :). There's also a ton of iguanas here that are actually terrifying when they run at lightning speed!
Hermana Gomez is awesome! She's from Guatemala also (like Hna Larsen's previous comp) and has been in the mission for 14 months. She has 5 siblings, mostly girls. Her two older sisters also served missions. Hermana Gomez is literally half the size of me, haha. I've never been a small person, but here I feel like the Hulk. But it's okay because Hulk can reach more starfruit than puny companion ;).
We also have a really awesome zone! It's made of of 5 companionships of sisters and three companionships of elders. And they're all super awesome! I love all of our sisters!I was honestly super afraid to come here and be a capacitadora but it hasn't been bad at all. It was a little crazy this week going 6 hours to Tuxtla (again...) for the leadership council and 6 hours back, and then planning for and having the zone conference, but we survived! And I'm really grateful for the extra responsibility.
Yesterday we had a stake missionary activity in which we talked about and taught the youth of our stake how they can share the gospel with their friends and prepare to be missionaries. And it really reminded me about how easy it really is to share the gospel, you can post a church video on Facebook, you can invite your friends to a church activity, or church itself, we can share a small portion of our testimonies to a friend going through a trial. As members you guys have so much more power to introduce people to the gospel than you know! I was always afraid to do so before the mission, but honestly there's nothing to be afraid of. Worst case scenario: they don't accept your invitation. I'd like to challenge you all this week to do something small to share the gospel. Truthfully from small and simple things, great things come to pass.
Les amo mucho y espero que tengan a bonito semana!
Hermana Larsen
Hahahaha I love these conversations you sent! Glad to hear you guys had such a fun week house hunting! And honestly I just want the house to have a washing machine :)
Wow, lots to tell about the last two weeks! I'll start by saying I've sweat more here in Tapachula than I knew that I could! It's soooo hot and soooo humid here!!! But it's also absolutely beautiful!! Everything is super green, and there's fruit growing EVERYWHERE! It's awesome! We're always eating starfruit and mangos straight from the trees, along with a million other types of fruit I couldn't name. And I'm convinced that the tree of life was filled with mangos de piña. Sooo good! Like I told you guys last week, our area is mostly city with a portion of literal jungle that we have to get to on super sketchy bridges. But the fruit is everywhere :)
| Super sketchy bridge |
Unfortunately, yes, there are more mosquitoes here. They even have a special name for these mosquitos - ancudos. They can draw blood from their bites so that's fun :). We definitely sleep with the mosquito nets here! I practically bathe in repellent every morning, but we're still getting eaten alive. Pray that I'll come home with all of my limbs unconsumed :). There's also a ton of iguanas here that are actually terrifying when they run at lightning speed!
Hermana Gomez is awesome! She's from Guatemala also (like Hna Larsen's previous comp) and has been in the mission for 14 months. She has 5 siblings, mostly girls. Her two older sisters also served missions. Hermana Gomez is literally half the size of me, haha. I've never been a small person, but here I feel like the Hulk. But it's okay because Hulk can reach more starfruit than puny companion ;).
| Hermana "Hulk" and Hermana Gomez |
We also have a really awesome zone! It's made of of 5 companionships of sisters and three companionships of elders. And they're all super awesome! I love all of our sisters!I was honestly super afraid to come here and be a capacitadora but it hasn't been bad at all. It was a little crazy this week going 6 hours to Tuxtla (again...) for the leadership council and 6 hours back, and then planning for and having the zone conference, but we survived! And I'm really grateful for the extra responsibility.
Yesterday we had a stake missionary activity in which we talked about and taught the youth of our stake how they can share the gospel with their friends and prepare to be missionaries. And it really reminded me about how easy it really is to share the gospel, you can post a church video on Facebook, you can invite your friends to a church activity, or church itself, we can share a small portion of our testimonies to a friend going through a trial. As members you guys have so much more power to introduce people to the gospel than you know! I was always afraid to do so before the mission, but honestly there's nothing to be afraid of. Worst case scenario: they don't accept your invitation. I'd like to challenge you all this week to do something small to share the gospel. Truthfully from small and simple things, great things come to pass.
Les amo mucho y espero que tengan a bonito semana!
Hermana Larsen
| Adios Hermana Lopez |
| Farewell Gomez |
| Ready for a bus ride! |
| Vamos! |
| Behymer and Larsen - MTC buddies |
| Hermanas Larsen and Gomez |
| New ward family in Tapachula |
| Hermanas with ward members |
| Looks hot and sweatty... |
| Straight up jungle! |
| On the sketchy bridge |
| More jungle |
| On the bus |
![]() |
| Training meeting |
| Bienvenidos a Tapachula! |
| Happy birthday to my handsome dad!!! |
| Our beautiful hermana |
| Gomez y Larsen - looks kind of sweaty |

Very fun.
ReplyDeleteGo girl go! You are wonderful and we are so excited for all the great things you are doing to Heavenly Father. Bless your heart!
ReplyDelete